12

Awsten was back, the one with the faded blue hair and the cute smile, the one with the personality that matched and resembled Michaels' perfectly. Michael was overly excited when seeing the male, considering that they've been close for a while now -- and it's only taken a couple of months for them to be together again. The first thing that happened was Awsten running through the corridors with a backpack slung over his shoulders, and he practically jumped into the green eyed boys arms for comfort. They've been separated for far too long.

"Mikey," Awsten smiled, his heart pounding inside of his chest as he embraced the male in front of him, "I've missed you so much."

"I missed you too, dork," Michael protruded  fondly, not realizing that his twin brother was watching from a distance. Maybe it was wrong to eavesdrop. But it was obvious that there was something going on between Awsten and Michael, and he wanted to get to the bottom of it, even if it killed him in the end. "How have you been?"

"Up and down," Michael sighed, "I've been having this thing with this guy, Calum, but it looks like he isn't as into me as I thought he was."

"That's crappy," Awsten retorted, and Michael could only agree. Of course Mitchell would win the guy over. He had the complete package -- with his body, his looks, his ability to converse with people without shaking every second during a simple or weak conversation. Michael wasn't that type of person. He always would fend for perfection, because it's who he was and who he still is. There are times where he doesn't want to be this way, but he's come to the conclusion that how he feels about everything is uncontrollable. If he's a perfectionist, then that's just what he'll have to deal with. "He doesn't deserve you if he can't see how damn cute you are."

Michael was trying his hardest not to blush, but it somehow wasn't working, and that made Mitchells' eyebrows twitch up, because well, Awsten was obviously flirting, and Michael was using actions over words, focusing his attention completely on the other colorful haired lad. "I have competition, is what I mean. . . and you're going to laugh at this but, I'm competing against my brother."

"Mitchell?" Awsten chuckled, pressing his knuckles over his stomach, "I can't believe this, he's always going after the people you're interested in."

"Well, I mean, he never went after you," Michael blushed once again, his fuchsia cheeks giving away everything, because yeah, he used to be infatuated with the male in front of him, "I had you all to myself, and that's why what we did didn't matter to him, because he was just bringing people home, anyway."

"Sometimes I wonder why he did that," Awsten hummed, "anyway, show me this Calum guy to see if you still have great taste in men, or if you're as flat as a line now." Michael laughed, but pointed in the direction of a random classroom, where the brunette happened to be sitting inside of.

"He's in there, first seat on the left," Michael awkwardly cradled between the wall and the window of the door so that the Maori wouldn't see him, and luckily, he managed to get by for a bit as Awsten glanced through and nodded in approval. "Hot, nice fingers, definitely a freak in bed."

Michael found himself punching Awsten in the arm, only twice as hard this time, because that wasn't appropriate. It also doesn't help that he's asexual and it makes him feel like he's not normal. Like he's supposed to get turned on by the fact that Calum could be a freak in that sort of scenario, but it doesn't happen. He doesn't even think about those kinds of things, because they don't matter. Not to him. But to everyone else, it's apparently a subject of matter and something that's required for stability and a healthy relationship. As if.

"Dude, don't say that, Calum is just. . . I don't know, I'm not interested in fucking him," Michael stated nonchalantly as a random teacher walked by and gave him a look, embarrassing him even more, "I just want affection, you know? Like everyday that's spent with them is like some kind of holiday, and we can just forget about all of the hard times in life and focus on right now."

"Dude, that's so sweet, I'm tearing up," Awsten muttered under his breath as he wiped fake tears off of his cheeks, "I remember my mom saying something like that when I was like, eleven, and that hit me in the feels, bro."

Michael rolled his eyes sweetly at his friend, who was Ashtons' cousin, and he completely forgot that he was now standing in front of Calums' classroom door, and the brunette noticed, but he wasn't all that pleased about seeing Michael with another guy.

With a guy that could make him smile easier and faster than he ever could.

And that made Calums' heart drop to the floor, because maybe Michael was starting to realize that the Maori just wasn't good enough for him, and it hurt. It hurt a lot.

-

A/N;

Thoughts?

Awsten is the one in the picture

Lmao this chapter is kinda sad and shitty oops.

I've had a long day. Woke up at five. Went to school. Went to work. Then I babysat and ended up hitting my head on a table so now there's a huge lump there and it hurts like hell, but I'm fine. I'll be fine.

Also, I'm seeing Pierce The Veil again tomorrow and I'm so pumped. 👌🏽👌🏽

Please leave feedback.

Thank you and I love you.