10

Coastdelle. Calum and Mitchell were back again, their very own eyes blistering with the bright dark city lights and the sound of crickets nearing from the distance. It made it easier on Calums' part to reflect -- if that made any sense. "I'm starting to grow fond of this place. . ."

"I'm starting to grow fond of you," Mitchell answered blissfully, his fingers grasping a tight hold of the two motorcycle helmet straps. "Sorry, that made me seem really lame."

"It was cute," Calum smiled as he confidentially entwined his fingers with the falsely tanned boys, "I wish I could just live here, you know? It's so beautiful, but so far away. It's impossible for me to come here all the time when it took an hour to get here. . ."

"I think it's worth the drive." Because Mitchell gets to spend time with him. But that's just something he can't really say, because he has to remain normal. He can't be like Michael -- the super fragile, super perfectionist twin who cared too much. But they did have something in common, and it's that they were both terrible at expressing their true feelings. "It's nice, hearing the wind and the crickets and the sound of the tires hitting the streets, or at least that's what I'd like to think," Calum muttered, and Mitchell could only agree. He wasn't really listening, because this place was beautiful, and a lot of magical things could happen here.

"Mitchell, can I ask you something?"

"Go for it," Mitchell hummed, licking his chapped lips while tying his motorcycle up to a pole, which seemed to be working so far. Calum didn't even know that was possible. Silly, silly him. "What happened to your ex boyfriend?"

Sensitive topic. "Uh, I told you I'd rather approach that subject another time. . ."

"But Mitchell, now is another time, and I don't want you to feel like you have to keep things from me. It's fine if you want to keep it a secret, but it's eating me alive that I don't know what's going on." He wanted to make sure this was safe, that he was safe.

Mitchell hung his head low, left hand draped inside of his leather jean pockets. He didn't want to talk about this. "We were uh, driving to Gladstone Creek. . ." Only the farthest city in their state. "I wanted to take him there because it was his eighteenth birthday, and he wanted some sort of freedom, you know?"

Calum nodded along as he ruffled through his bag for a piece of gum, offering one to the falsely tanned boy, only to be rejected because he didn't want any. "I had two really expensive tickets to see Fall Out Boy, because our venues out here in the city aren't as cheap as they could be." This sounded like a cute story. It made the brunette more and more worried. "So, I had the tickets as a surprise, and I told him I was taking him somewhere special, and he was really excited. He was smiling the entire way there."

"Then what happened?"

"I'm getting there," Mitchell sighed, "I didn't really look all that into the area at the time, where the concert was happening, but it turns out, it was really dangerous, and Otto -- he said he'd be fine waiting in the car while I ran into Macca's to use the restroom and, and--"

Calum knew where this was going, and he didn't want to hear anymore of it. Just the sound of Mitchells' voice cracking made his heart ache. This really wasn't okay. "He, um-- he saw something happening down the street, two grown men getting really aggressive with each other, and Otto, he never really liked violence. He was all about that sincere, protective, angelic life. So he wanted to put a stop to it.

"Turns out. . . the guy who started the fight had a gun and-- and," Mitchell couldn't even finish his sentence, because at this point, he was crying. And as ridiculous as it was, Calum felt happy that Mitchell was showing some emotion, because it showed that there was so much more to him than a punk. Than a guy who just wants to watch the world burn. "Mitchell, it's okay, it's okay to cry."

It wasn't to Mitchell. It really wasn't. "Thanks."

"Why'd you bring me to Coastdelle if this is where he. . . was shot?" Calum questioned, bewilderment taking over his feature as the atmosphere lingered with silence again. Mitchell was really sad, but he instantly brushed those feelings away. "I don't know. It's beautiful. It's the one place where you can silence out the world and actually feel okay, even if you know you're not. It's the place where people are fucking insane, and dangerous, and awful, but you still -- you still go back to it, because the beauty of it all crosses out the bad things, and I just come here to forget, even if all I do is remember."

"Mitchell," Calum sighed, running a few of his fingers through his curls, "how long has it been since you listened to Fall Out Boy?"

"Two years, why?"

Calum shook his head as he quickly pulled out his headphones and shuffled towards the Spotify app. "You're listening to them right now."

"Calum, please--," it was too late for Mitchell to say anything, because the music was already playing, and the originally pale boy was taking a trip down memory lane, just from the beat.

"Stuck in the jet wash, bad trip I couldn't get off, and maybe I bit off more than I could chew, and overhead of the aqua blue. Fall to your knees bring on the rapture, blessed be the boys time can't capture on film or between the sheets. I always fall from your window to the pitch black streets and with the black banners raised as the crooked smiles fade. Former heroes who quit too late just wanna fill up the trophy case again, and in the end, I'd do it all again."

Mitchell was trying his best not to cry as he leaned his back against the right side of his motorcycle. Calum was watching everything, because this is what he wanted -- he wanted the emotion. It made Mitchell even more pure.

Calum hit pause on the song, glancing at the green eyed boy with hope that it'd help Mitchell realize that it's okay not to be okay -- that things happen sometimes, and that moving on is what is for the best. Yeah, that's what he wanted to happen. "How do you feel?"

"I feel like changing subjects," Mitchell wiped his cheeks that were growing damp, "I wanted -- no, needed to tell you something about Michael, and I think it's best to do it here when nobody else is around."

"Did something happen?" Calum asked, feeling uneasy, his stomach dropping at the way Mitchell looked at him. This couldn't be good.

"Well, yes. . . something did happen."

"What was it?"

"Michael, he. . ."

-

A/N;

Thoughts?

Hah. There's the first(???) cliffhanger of this story lmao. You're all gonna kill me yikes.

GUYS GUESS WHAT. IM GETTING MY SECOND TATTOO TOMORROW AND IM FUCKIN PUMPED ALRIGHT.

Also I looked in the mirror again today and I haven't really looked at my body in a while and i wanna cry BC I'm so pudgy but whatever, people have it worse than me.

Pls leave feedback. Cause I'm sad, and happy but mostly sad, and your comments cheer me up.