Chapter 12. Another Day. Another Talk.

The next day Maya came to the Matthews to study with Riley. Maya was still feeling down after she seen Josh and the girl at the café. Josh noticed that Maya was acting different. "Hey are you okay?" he asked her. "Yeah sure whatever," Maya replied. Then she walked away. Josh went over to Riley and asked her what was wrong with Maya. "She kinda seen you and that girl at the café yesterday." Riley said. "Ali and I weren't on a date, it that's what Maya thought. She was just showing me my class schedules and she likes coffee so I thought I would bring her to the café to discuss it over coffee. I would never hurt Maya like that." said Josh. "Well Maya is really hurt. You should go talk to her." Riley said. Josh walked away from Riley and he went and grabbed Maya's hand and took her upstairs to the bay window. "Leave me alone Josh." Maya said. "No." Josh replied. "I wasn't on a date with my college adviser Ali. We were discussing my class schedule and stuff over some coffee. I would never hurt you Maya. I made a promise to play the long game and I'm keeping that promise." Josh said. "Why were you looking at her like you admire her or something?" Maya asked. "I will admit I somewhat have feelings for her but I know it would never happen." Josh said kinda ashamed. "But Maya I will always have feelings for you." Josh finished. Maya smiled. "There's that smile that I love." said Josh. "Is it okay if we have feelings for other people?" Maya asked Josh. "Yes." he replied. "When will it be "someday"?" Maya asked. "Someday." Josh replied.