Chapter 10. Up All Night

The next day Riley and Lucas went on a date and Farkle and Smackle were both out of town, leaving Maya all by herself tonight. "You sure you'll be fine by yourself here tonight Peaches?" asked Riley. "Yes Riley, I'll  be fine. I'm just gonna hang out here. Go have fun at the movies with Lucas." Maya said. "Okay whatever you say." Riley replied. Riley then left leaving Maya with nothing to do. "I guess I can go downstairs to watch TV." Maya thought. Downstairs Josh was making popcorn. "Hey I'm about to watch this new movie that's going to be. Wanna watch it with me?" Josh asked Maya. "Not like a date just two friends hanging out since Riley's out with Lucas." he finished. "Sure I'd like that." Maya replied with a smile that made Josh smile. It was about 30 minutes into the movie when Josh and Maya both reached into the popcorn bucket at the same time, touching hands. They instantly took back their hands, but on the inside their hearts were jumping. "We touched hands!" Maya thought. "This movie is boring Boing," Maya said to Josh. "Yeah I know, I just wanted to find some excuse for you to hang out with me." "Really?" asked Maya. "Yep," replied Josh who was smiling. "So are you ready for college?" Maya asked. "Yes and no," Josh said. "Yes because of the parties and stuff and no because I honestly don't think I'm ready." Josh said. "Yeah, I felt like that when we entered high school," said Maya. "Enjoy high school when you can because soon you'll be in college." Josh said.
Josh and Maya have been talking for what had seem like hours and it turned out they talked all night. The next morning Riley, Auggie, Topanga, and Cory came walking down the stairs. "So I seen you guys were up all night." said Topanga. "Yeah I guess we did." Josh said with a smile while looking at Maya. "Did you guys talk about anything important?" Cory asked. "Not really we just sat and talked all night." Maya said. "Till next time?" Josh asked Maya. Meaning till the next time they talked. "Till next time," said Maya with a grin on her face. Then Josh went upstairs.