You rolled your eyes and waved a hand. "Come on! Throw something harder won't ya?!"

He sighed and flipped his sleek hair. "I swear you have no patience for dramatic buildup." He complained.

"Don't care. Keep going. Beat Jace." I grunted in short phrases.

The crowd seemed to chuckle at my antic while Jace shook his head in an amused manner.

"Okay beauties! What about this? What is each other's favorite meal, drink and dessert?"

My face fell slightly as I tried to remember his favorite actual food. Dessert was easy, but I'd rarely seen him eat real food before. Mostly snacks or pie.

I scribbled down the pie note and mulled it over in my head. I think the last thing he ate was probably Grillby's seeing as he only had access to what Gaster could give him for awhile. And Gaster can't cook so... maybe he's heard of Burg now? Shrugging, I wrote it down with a question mark. Drink... uh...

"One minute you two!" Mettaton announced.

Glancing at Jace, he was already done. Beginning to panic, I thought of all categories of drinks. He likes baked sweets so maybe milk? Milk and pie is a thing right? Oh well, fuck it. That's my answer.

I scribbled it down and presented my board. I leaned and looked at Jace's board, my jaw dropping. "Jace!......... You know me so well!"

The crowd seemed to enjoy how his answer has simply been, 'the edible kind of food.' The saddest part was it was true. I showed him my board and he nodded. "I'll give it to you." He confessed. "It's a modpodge, but whatever."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "You sound more indifferent then childhood me."

He chuckled and shrugged. "Whatever..."

Once again, feeling like I'd already done it a billion times since reuniting with Jace a few hours previously, "I swear you make stereotypes cringe at how basic you are right now."

He smiled nonchalantly. Mettaton snapped his fingers and sent us a firm look. "Oh come now you two! This is a game! Let's continue playing, shall we?"

I muttered something too quiet to hear and stuck my tongue out at Jace. He mimicked my pose and we both laughed before retrieving our boards. Mettaton, being satisfied with this, read the next question. "Okay, this one should be a bit harder. What is one another's favorite song and/or genre of music?"

I knew his favorite band as a child and decided to list it. Even if it wasn't his top favorite, it was at least nostalgic enough to count. He, however, struggled for the first real time with this one. When I listened to music up top, I always used headphones. The only time we heard the same songs was when he was blasting it on his stereo. I was always too indifferent to really give away my preference. A devious and cocky smile slid over my face.

"Having trouble Jace?" I teased.

"Shut up Cherry! I call hacks."

I raised a brow. He scribbled on his board as the timer rang loud and clear, jolting even Sans awake. I brandished my board proudly, a grin stretching over my cheeks.

The Might Be Giants- Robot Parade

On Jace's board he had scribbled the vague 'alternate rock'. I laughed heartily and pointed at him. "Ha! I get to give you a pity point now!"

Jace pouted and sent the one finger salute my way. I returned it happily and Mettaton flushed. "You two stop! This is family television! Put your fingers away!"

"That's what she said." I muttered quietly. Jace snickered and the crowd chuckled, making Mettaton relax a bit.

Mettaton snickered and shuffled his cards, signaling he was ready by clearing his throat. "Okay beauties, now that we have the bases out of the way, why not move on to the juicy things?"

"Like......?" I questioned.

"Well I'm glad you asked! From now on, you will each get a separate questions. I'll set a timer and you have until the buzzer to fill the answer. If you're correct, you double the points! If you're close, one point. If you're completely wrong, you get nothing. Are you ready?"

Jace raised his hand slightly but Mettaton merely glazed over him and went on saying, "Good! First questions. For Jace: what is Cherry's secret hideaway if she has one? For Cherry: what was Jace's last relationship like that you know of? Go!"

I hesitated a moment then snapped back to attention. "Oh! We're going already!"

I raked my memory but I only had what I remembered from childhood. We hadn't had time to discuss much since we met back up. Growling at myself for not being nosier, I jot down the details of the last relationship of his I remembered. He was hard as work. Time seemed to slow as I closed mine off. Almost exactly at the same time Jace and I slapped our markers down and smacked a magically appearing button.

We each revealed our answers.

Cherry: Jace was in a three way relationship once. Three girlfriends. Didn't work out though cus he a loser.

Jace: she has a place in the woods where she likes to hide from the world.

I approved his answer and he approved mine. From there on, the competition went. Sans payed attention lazily as I battled Jace via whiteboard answers. The questions got even worse as they went along, getting more and more personal or ridiculous.

What is one of Jace's most embarrassing traits?
He can go brain dead for hours while looking like a dead corpse as he ponders nothingness.

What is one of Cherry's guilty pleasures?
As far as I recall, she's always like to fantasize about trademark family life with normal circumstances despite her very not normal self.

What, in your opinion, do you believe is one of Jace's low points in life?
He won a drinking contest at a pub, with milk. He drank more milk than any of the drunks could because they couldn't see it through his glass it wasn't alcohol. The worst part was he wasn't even drinking age, they just assumed.

What is Cherry's weirdest habit?
When she's really stressed she pinches herself. It leaves marks all over her upper arms, but never below the elbow.

Mettaton's piles shrank and shrank until finally it came down to two cards. "Jace, what is Cherry's secret? Cherry, who does Jace like?"

We both flushed and met gazes. I wasn't sure what to write. I had picked up on certain vibes earlier at the bakery of him eyeing a monster, but I wasn't sure. Hesitating, I started to write, not sure on how to go about my answer.

We both revealed our answers. I glanced at his and smiled, as he did with mine. The answers were exactly the same. I couldn't have asked for more. They both read ....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Shhhh! It's a secret!