Chapter 12-It was Interesting

"I am not throwing away my shot! I am not throwing away my shot! Ayo I'm just like my country I'm young, scrappy and hungry and I'm not-" I quickly grab my phone and turned off my alarm which is still 'My Shot'. Yeah, now I should really change that before Lin hears it, because I would never hear the end of it. I sigh and look at the time; 6:45am. I groan, today is my first day back at school. It's been two weeks since the incident with Mr Brown and Lin and Vanessa had decided that as soon as I was better I would go back to school. Luckily I didn't have to switch schools because we lived decently close to my old one so good news was I would be able to see my friends, the bad news was Jake went there and I would have to deal with him. I try and push that to the back of my head and get out of bed to get ready for the day. I walk over to my closet which was now full of clothes thanks to Vanessa who had went and bought me clothes while I couldn't walk. Luckily she has a great sense of style and picked out things I never thought would look good until I tried them on, I scan over the hanging shirts and grab a red flannel. I then grab some white wash blue jeans and a black tank top to wear under my flannel. I struggle to put my pants on since the stab wound is still sore. Luckily I can walk on it now with just a little limp, which is progress since Lin had to carry me everywhere during the first week. After I get dressed I slip on some white converse and grab my backpack filled with all my missing assignments that I had to make up during the past week, which Alex had brought me. Alex was the only one I let come over because my friends still didn't know about Mr Brown and I really didn't feel like explaining it to them so I just told them all I was sick and didn't want to get them sick. But Alex offered, well, more like insisted, that he bring me my homework and class work everyday. He would come over after school and give me my work, catch me up on anything going on at school and would usually stay long enough and have dinner with us. Lin and Vanessa both really liked him and Sebastian would get super excited every time he came over. We grew really close over the last two weeks and basically told each other everything, well at least I knew he told me everything, there were still a few secrets I held on for myself, but other than that we knew everything about each other. And yet we still hadn't talked about the kiss we shared backstage at the Richard Rogers, to be honest it didn't seem like we needed to. Nothing was awkward between us, it was like he had forgotten all about it; almost like it had never happened. But the problem was I knew it happened, and I didn't forget, I didn't want to, I kinda wanted it to happen again. And by that I mean I really wanted it to happen again. But every time I almost got the courage to ask him I would stop myself, I mean if he really cared about it he would've said something about it by now right? I shake my head at the thought and continue getting ready, I go into the bathroom and brush my hair and my teeth and then head into the dining room to grab breakfast.

"There she is!" Lin says as he hugs me and kisses the top of my head, "You ready for your first day back?"

"As ready as I'll ever be," I laugh.

"Well I made you this," Lin says, holding out a brown lunch bag. I smile and take it placing in my bag and thanking him. I look at my phone and the time says 7:40, crap school starts at 8.

"Uh Lin, we gotta go," I said pointing at my phone. He eyes get wide and he grabs a banana and a paper towel with toast on it.

"Here's your breakfast, let's go," he says putting the stuff into my hands and pushing me out the door. I laugh and walk as quickly as I can into the elevator and down into the car. Once we're in the car and situated Lin takes off heading towards my school.

"You nervous?" Lin asks.

"No," I say, feeling my stomach do flip flops. Obviously Lin can tell I'm lying because he gives me a look of 'You expect me to believe that?' "I mean it's not like I'm super excited." I say trying to not think about the reason I'm really nervous; Jake.