Twitter Goes Crazy!

Start from the beginning

“I’m up.” I shot up. Malaika could do that. She’d get ice and put it into my clothes to wake me up. She has done that before, and you don’t want to start your morning like that. It is horrible, to say the least.

“20 minutes. Get ready, till the time I wake your eldest brother up.” She warned, slamming my door closed.

“Best of luck!” I yelled. Salman was as difficult as me to wake up.

I went up to the table, and saw Sohail placed a fruit bowl infront of me. All my favorites were in it, and I ate them happily. I swallowed down the juice in one go, and then hopped up. I could see Arbaaz on the phone, in a serious conversation. Salman was texting or was online.

“Where is Leo?” I asked.

“I’m your chauffer today.” Salman smiled, “I’ll drop you and then leave for the airport.”

“Kay. Let me get my bag.”

“I’ll get it. I need to grab my wallet too.” He got up, and skipped stairs towards our rooms.

I saw he had left his phone on the coffee table. And the evil me arose from within. I went to twitter, I knew he always stayed logged in. I was about to tweet something as him, when I saw the top three world wide trending topics.

#SalmanSisHaters

#WeHateAlisha

#RichBitchLiz

I clicked on them to find tweets like:

SalmanLover : So what if she is his Sister? So damn ugly. #SalmanSisHaters

KhanWifey : @BeingSalmanKhan why do you even love her? She doesn’t deserve it…anyone else is much better! #RichBitchLiz

Ilovemusic : She is adopted. She’s so full of herself. The worst kid ever #WeHateAlisha

They went on and on and on…there were thousands of hate tweets, increasing every minute. I had earned haters. What did I even do? Hell, I didn’t even have a twitter. I threw his phone across the room and got my knees to my chest. What did I even do? What is all of this for? Why does the world hate me?

“I’ll get back to you.” Arbaaz said into the phone, when he noticed sudden changes in me. He sat down beside me, and stroked my hair.

“What happened?”

“I read the trending topics. I read what the world thinks of me.” I whimpered trying to keep tears from falling.

“You…went on twitter?” he asked slowly, afraid it was true.

I nodded slightly.

“I’m trying to fix it. I was talking to our PR team about it. We are going to fix it.” he tried to make me feel better, but he couldn’t.

“You can’t! Didn’t you read all of the tweets? The world hates me! You can get the TTs out, but not the hate!” I yelled at him, and ran off. But Salman caught me midstairs.

“Look at me.” He whispered, and I looked up tears streaming down my face.

“What did I do?” I asked.

“Nothing. It’s not your fault. And don’t let it affect you. It will pass by.” He said as he held my hand and got me down.

“Guess you are gonna stay home today?” Sohail asked, coming out of the kitchen.

“No. I’m gonna deal with it. I’m gonna go to school. What could possibly go wrong now?” I surprised everyone. Salman smiled and said,

“That’s my sister!”