Chapter 12

Rosalinda's POV

I reply the whole scene while walking back to my house. It just doesn't make sense.

How the hell did he get out alive?! 

If Alec was able to find me on the first day that I came here it really confuses me to why no one was able to find Jeremy. Besides, he was a human at the time so it must have been easy to find him.

My eyes widen as I realize the only possibility.

Maybe someone DID find him. 

Someone who wasn't even supposed to be here.

There must have been someone else in the castle during the time. Someone who isn't a part of the Volturi. He must have gotten to Jeremy before the Volturi. Besides, Alec was busy interrogating me and there must have not been anyone else in the castle.

But still.

Why do they want Jeremy?

There's a knock on my door and I have no choice, but to stop thinking about this for at least a little while.

"Come in.", I say.

Alec walks in and I immediately smile. 

He can't know. It's not even for my safety. It's for his and everyone elses. They mean more to me than myself. 

I can't be selfish. Not for them.

He comes straight to me and sits next to me. His eyes are extremely serious.

"There's a problem.", he says.

My heart drops. Oh my god, does he know?

"...What...", I whisper.

"There was somone right next to your door. And he was from the Ronan Coven.", he tells me.

"The Ronan Coven?", I ask in confusion,"Who the hell are they?"

"That's the thing.", he continues,"No one really knows of them except for the Volturi. They are constantly living in hiding."

"But why?", I ask,"What are they hiding from?"

"We don't know. We've been trying to figure that out for years, but we can never get ahold of them.", he looks frustrated,"Which is why we were confused when we found one next to your door."

"What did you do with him?", I ask.

"He was executed.", he says, succinctly.

I don't know what else to say. But I do know what I have to.

Alec narrows his eyes,"You know someone I don't."

I purse my lips and look at him in a pleading tone,"Please don't make me tell you."

He cups my face with his hand,"Rosie, you know I never force you to tell me anything. But if there's something that you know that will either jeopardize your safety or anyone elses, you need to let me know."

"That's the thing.", I whisper,"If I tell you, that's when we're all going to be in so much trouble."

He takes a deep breath, taking all of this in,"Well, either way, we're in trouble right now. Please. Tell me. I need to know. If anything happened to you, I wouldn't be able to live with myself."

There's a brief moment of silence,"Ok...I'll tell you."

He nods and waits for me to continue."

"When I came here, I came with my history class for a class field trip.", I begin,"I knew what was going to happen. But there was someone, his name is Jeremy, who began to become my friend near the end. He came here as well. And I thought he was dead...but...I saw him. Yesterday, while I was training with Felix and Demetri. He's angry."

"Angry about what?", he asks, patiently.

"He thinks I betrayed him for not warning him about you.", I say, and the next part was the hardest to say,"And he hates me for not being with him...he wanted me."

Alec raises his eyebrows,"Then what happened?"

"He told me that if I told anyone, he'd kill me.", I get right to the point now.

"I won't let him.", Alec pulls me into his arms,"I promise, I won't."

"It won't be over, Alec.", I say into his shoulder,"Not until the end....he won't stop until he's dead."

"I know, Rosie.", he tells me,"If that's what it takes, I'll kill him myself."

But even I know it won't be that easy.