Chapter 10

Rosalinda's POV

The training sessions have become more and more intense and it's becoming harder and harder to stay on top of them as well as it is to impress them. The standards are rising every day.

Today, Demetri and Felix are taking me to the forest. They said that it's now time for me to take the next step in their program and that's to see if I can know how to track people down. 

Demetri was obviously the main person who was teaching me this so I had to learn from him, but he's actually a pretty good teacher. 

"Aright, Rosalinda.", he begins,"You need to hold your breath and close your eyes for 10 minutes. You can cheat if you want, but that kinda just defeats the entire purpose of this."

"What, you don't trust me?", I ask, laughing.

"I don't know.", he said,"But let's just give it a try."

"Your mistake.", I say, but they've already run off.

I close my eyes and hold my breath. Wait, how was I to know when 10 minutes would be up? Felix and Demetri really should have thought this through better.

This is actually so much more boring than I thought and I feel so fucking vulnerable like this. I mean, there could be a crazy vampire looking at me right now and I wouldn't even know.

After what I think is 10 minutes, I open my eyes, taking in the surroundings. That's the first thing that Alec taught me to do in our strategies training, I have to see what's around me and determine whether or not I'll be able to use them in any way to manipulate my opponent. 

There are a lot of trees and......trees. 

Well. That's about it.

Immediately, I begin to search, running as fast as I can in order to see if they are anywhere in plain sight. I even climb trees in order to get a better view. 

But it's no such luck. 

I wonder if they are even in the forest in the first place; you never really know when you're with those guys. 

I try to hone in my senses and try to see if I can catch their scent. 

But it's still no such luck. 

However, if I give up, Demetri and Felix will just get very angry. 

So I might as well at least keep walking around; trying to pick up any clues that I can in order to find them.

But after a while I kind of lose track of time and start to lose focus on what I'm actually supposed to be doing. 

I start to think of Alec again. How in the beginning, I hated every single person in the Volturi and now I'm starting to grow so fond of each and every single one of them. 

Even though I had to wait so many years in order to find him, there's definetely one thing that I know for sure.

He was the first person who would spend time with me when I joined the Volturi in the beginning, even though it was through Aro's orders. 

But maybe it was a sign or something?

Suddenly I hear a sound coming from the forest.

I turn my head, eager to see Demetri and Felix standing there, but it's no one.

Should I wait from them to make the first move or should I go for it?

...Maybe I should just go. I mean I've been here long enough already; I kinda just wanna get back to the castle. Training isn't really fun, to be honest.

I run towards the forest where I heard the rustling of leaves. 

But no one's there.

"What?....", I whisper to myself.

"You sure no one's here?"

I stop in my tracks. My eyes get wide. That familar voice.

That flirty....familiar voice. 

Oh my god.

Slowly, I turn around to face the newborn standing in front of me.

".....Jeremy?", I whisper.

"Nice to see you too, Rosalinda.", he says with an angry smirk pasted on his face.