Chapter 1

You know, I think that it should be illegal to have a test when it's a beautiful day outside. When the sun is shining, and the grass is glistening with the rain from this morning. I had half my time and I wasn't using it wisely. Instead, I was staring outside because lunch was twenty minutes away and this History test was making me extremely bored. I thanked God that half was to pick A B or C. As I stared out the window beside me, I tapped my pencil on the table. Our teacher was sat at the front of class on her computer. It was a usual thing with teachers, or they'd pace back, forth and across.

Remembering the answer to question twelve, I scribbled down my answer in my okay-ish handwriting. The teacher began to type so there was finally some noise instead of the dreading silence.

"Psst!"

I turned around and saw my best friend, Daniella, looking over and still on the first five questions.

"Yeah?" I whispered, hoping the teacher's ears wouldn't pick up that.

Daniella looked around and I cocked my head forward to see the teacher looking at us but shortly turned back to her Dell computer.

"What are you doing this evening?" she asked.

"Probably science homework," I replied.

She gave me a disappointed look. "There's a party at Hannah's later at seven. You should come."

I rolled my eyes. "What makes you think that'll happen?"

"Because he's going to be there." She pointed the rubber end of her pencil to the front of the class. She was pointing at Jake Robinson, of course, who was slouched on his chair.

"Jake?"

She nodded.

"I can't go," I responded.

"Why not?" she huffed.

"My parents won't allow me," I replied. "Besides, that science homework is necessary."

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes and I turned to stare at my paper.

"What's the answer to question six?" she questioned.

"A," I replied, over my shoulder.

Once again, I began to tap my pencil on the table as I wrote down another answer and leaned on my hand.

"You know, it's your opportunity to talk with him. One detention won't destroy anything," Daniella added.

Thankfully, I put pen on paper and wrote the answers before the period ended. When the glorious sound of the bell rang, students groaned and cracked their fingers. Some lifted their heads for the first time in an hour. I got my bag and was one of the first to hand in my test to the teacher collecting them by the door.

Forth hour was about to begin so I made my way halfway around the school to get to the English department. Time went by quickly and English finished which meant that the hallways now would be full of students. Not surprised since there's over a thousand students in the school and lunch was the only break we got. For I could know, the freshman girl who ran into me could be telling her group of friends that there was crap on the walls of her bathroom stall and crap on the door.

After I shoved myself past students blocking the entrance, I walked to the familiar table which my girl group sat. Most had their designated tables and strangely ours was the table beside the athletes and populars which meant – yep – Jake sat there. If anything, that was Daniella's idea. After I got lunch from the cafeteria, which consisted of two sandwiches and some kind of drink.

The three girls were all sat in their usual seats too. Nikki and Kylie together, Daniella opposite Nikki and I sat next to Daniella.

"What's up, V?" Nikki asked.

"The sky," I replied. "Uh, I just came back from English and before that I had the world's most boring History test in which I was invited to a party but declined," I explained.

"By who?" Kylie hyped.

"Dani," I answered.

Beside me, Daniella rolled her eyes. "She's not going because she doesn't want to get her first detention for not doing her science homework."

"That's not the reason and it would be my fifth detention. Last year I had a clean record and didn't get any so I want to keep it like that," I stated.

"It's senior year, do you really think that's going to happen? Even for good girls they go bad," she pointed out.

"We'll see."

"So, is that a yes?"

"It's still a no."

Daniella huffed out. Kylie and Nikki exchanged looks.

"How did you two even become friends?" Nikki asked.

"Through middle school because I was alone at lunch and we were talking about our Tamagotchi pets," I said. "Mine's probably dead," I winced.

She laughed. "Oh my God, same!"

We stayed in the cafeteria for the whole of lunch talking about everything and nothing just like we always did. When the bell rang, we all went our separate directions to classes; we hardly shared any together.

School ended two hours after and I went straight from the classroom's exit to the front of school to leave the building. I walked home since it wasn't that far with my earphones in my ears on half the volume. Of course, I couldn't hear much but I was smart enough to take one earbud out before crossing streets. Once home, I kicked my shoes off and placed them neatly beside the door. I climbed the creak-ish wooden stairs and saw my parents on the couch. My mum was reading a book and my dad was beside her on his phone.

"Hi," she greeted, looking up from her book.

My dad also greeted me.

She read in her free time. Looking at the cover, she was reading the book I got from my school library. Since my school was strongly for reading, I took out books and gave them to my mum and they assumed I'd read it. I wasn't much of a reader.

"I'm going to be in my room. Need me then call," I said.

She nodded and I walked into my room, closing the door behind me and throwing my bag to the end of the bed. I changed clothes first of all and then threw myself onto my bed, letting out a groan.

~

I hope you like the book so far and I hope you continue reading it too!! All reads are very appreciated!

- woahkavinsky

edit: much better, yes? i'm keeping the AN the same because nobody reads those.