chapter four

I wake up at the bottom of the lake. Let me tell you if you ever wake up at the bottom of a lake it is pretty scary, and just to have a fish swim past you. As I swim to the surface it was getting dark, how long was I out? I then I remembered everything that happened and found it hard to breathe as the images of what happened blasted through my head.

I look around and noticed a tree nymph sitting at the Edge of the lake looking worried. I approach wearily not trusting her after what happened with him, I cant say his name, every time I do I look down and see the scars and words littering my body.

As she looks up and notice me she stands with tears running down her face and launches herself at me. Dam their fast. At first I'm tense worried she will hurt me but relax when she tackles me with a hug.

" Oh my are you ok? why did he do that? You were out for whole day I didn't think you would live!" She rapidly says tears streaming down her tinted cheeks and detaches herself from me. " you were dead I dragged you into the lake and prayed to all the gods that you were survive, it was my tree that you were chained to." As if noticing my scares she says only three words " I'm so sorry. "

" Thank you for saving me" are the only words I say before she starts speaking. " Stupid son of Poseidon, should go eat some poisonous berries. Not you the other one he is always disrespecting us and nature. Just so you know all of us nature folk now you are innocent and the true leader oh and I'm Daisy. Where will you go now?"

"To my mum's I haven't seen her in a while and she always knows how to cheer me up." I say as the mental pain of what happened threatens to shatter me. " Ok here you go I don't think you want to go back to camp without a top and blood stained trousers." she says handing me a pair of jeans and a top that suspiciously look a lot like mine.

" I may have broken in to your cabin to get you some clothes" she says as I guilty looks forms on her face. Well that explains the clothes. I thank her and she turns around as I get change. Before I put my shirt on I ask her question .

 " Um can you tell me what he wrote into my back please. " 

 I turn around so she can see my back and I hear a sudden in take of breath and turn round to see if she is okay but instead I see horror plastered onto her face.

Damn I forgot about my other scars on my back " hero...he wrote hero on your back" she says as I slip my tee shirt over my ruined back. " who and what left those scars on your back"Her voice shaking.

 " A very drunk step farther who owned a belt  and a young boy who couldn't fight back " I reply in a cold voice as images of Gabe flash through my mind and the sound of his fists against my flesh, as he beat me again and again.

The look of horror turn to anger as Daisy understands what happened when I was young. "Thank you for saving me Daisy, I must go so that campers don't find me thank you for saving me." I say just want to go spend time with mum and Paul. " Its fine Percy Jackson you are one of the very few who respect me and my kin, you will always have a place in nature because of this."

An hour later

As I'm walking to moms apartment I think about how every one has left me, even Chiron. Locked in my thoughts I don't realize I'm outside mums apartment. As I stand outside the apartment a feeling of dread comes over me as I push the already open door and stare at the site in front of me. 

My mom's throat is slit ear form ear, Paul has a dagger logged in his chest, and the worst thing my mom was pregnant with my little sister. My little sister is dead. Also a note next to mom saying the words that I never wanted to see in my entire life.

They screamed when I killed them, I was Gaia's back up plan, I was the last monster let out the doors of death, so if she lost you would still suffer at her hands, your next Percy

Gabe Ugliano your loving stepfather

I let out a scream of pure anger and pain and the earth shook and the seas went into turmoil as they responded to my emotions. I screamed because of the loss of my mother and the man who became my father. I screamed for the loss of my baby sister who was so innocent and yet suffered because of me. I mourned the death of my family and love ones.

Suddenly I was hugged by a pair of strong arms and flashes exploded around me and warmth and hope seeped into me but done nothing to dull the pain, anger and sorrow I was feeling because of the lose of my family. My sister is  dead, I will never see her again. Mom. Paul. Gone. All gone.