"If you don't do as I say, you'll both be dead." Jay hissed. "They're coming in here, I'm moving you both to somewhere where they can't get you." He used a key to undo the locks on my chains.

Once I was free I felt my wrists that were red and raw from the chains restricting them. Jay grabbed onto Ethan before he could hug me. Jay put the knife to Ethan's throat as I gasped.

"Do as I say and I won't kill him." Jay snapped quickly. I immediately agreed while Ethan screwed his face up in frustration.

Jay walked backwards and towards a smaller door in the room. He opened it and motioned me, with his head, to go through, his hand still holding a knife to Ethan's throat.

We went through the door and ended up in a long corridor. How big was this place? We walked down the corridor until we heard gun shots. It made us all jump in fear, even Jay.

Jay was so preoccupied that he slightly lowered the knife from Ethan without realising. Ethan took this opportunity to use his heel to kick Jay's shin. Jay jumped back slightly in surprise.

Without being told, both me and Ethan ran down the hallway, we could hear Jay running after us. We took a right and then stumbled into the first room we saw and shut the door behind us. We blocked it with a cabinet that was in the room.

I glanced around the room and saw a small window on the wall. Outside you could see the ground which meant we were half underground and half above the surface. Ethan saw what I was looking at and hurried over to open it.

It wouldn't open enough so that we could fit through. To my surprise, Ethan smashed the glass as we heard banging on the door. I took off my black jacket and placed it on the broken window so we wouldn't get glass stuck in us.

I crawled out first and then Ethan after. We took in our surroundings once we were outside and ran in the direction that looked more promising, leaving my jacket behind. Soon we came to a small warehouse and we slid in through a gap. We could no longer hear bullets being fired.

Once we were inside we stopped to take a breath. Both me and Ethan glanced at each other for a second before hugging each other forcefully.

"We made it out. Thank fuck." Ethan sighed as he hugged me.

I withdrawed from the hug and looked at his cheek where Jay had cut him slightly. I turned his head using my hand to see the cut better.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for you to get hurt." I traced his jawline.

"It's fine, I don't care. I'm just glad you're okay." Ethan held on to my hand that was touching his face and noticed my raw wrists.

"It's not that bad, it doesn't matter." I pulled my hand away from him. The marks on my wrist would go away soon.

I looked at Ethan's tired face. When I first met him he looked full of life and ambition. His face used to be lit up with hope and happiness. Now his face was tired and rough. He was fighting to survive. All because of me.

"You shouldn't be here with me Ethan." Some how a tear managed to escape my eye.

Instead of answering me, Ethan cupped my face with his hands and kissed my lips  softly. We held each other close and deepened the kiss. I could feel all of our feelings for each other turning into sparks of happiness.

But no matter how happy we were together, we're always being chased. Why couldn't I be normal? Then we could have a normal relationship. But then again, if I were normal, we never would have met.

I reluctantly pulled away from his lips and stepped back, I didn't want this life for him. I didn't want his life to be full of danger. I slightly walked backwards towards the exit of the warehouse, not wanting him to follow me.

"You should go. This is getting too dangerous." I force myself to speak.

"Are you serious? I can't. I need to protect you." Ethan took a step closer to me desperately.

"Who's going to protect you?" I sighed firmly.

There was silence. His eyes wondered, thinking of something to say.

"... I'm never going to leave you." Ethan held onto my wrist.

"You can't just say that." I tried to pull away from him, but he continued to hold onto me.

"I promise."

No one has ever made me a promise before.

Well that was a very unorganised chapter oops. It was also ALL in Cassie's pov. Which is weird because this fanfic is based around Ethan's pov. But oh well, let me know what you think!

PEACE!✌.