26- Ideas and Plans

Mitch's POV

The hunters run to Scott after they shot him down. I try to stop them, I really do but one of them shoots me in the foot before I can reach Scott. Lindsey tries to reach him too but she is restrained. She tries to get out of their arms but hers are tied behind her back, she can't aim her fire anymore. The only place where she can shoot fire is behind her back, but the hunters stay away from there.

Esther shoots at every guy she sees, but she doesn't hit very many of them. I hear a click and look over at her. She looks at the gun, firing it but nothing comes out. She ran out of bullets. We're fucked.

Lindsey sees us struggling and turns her back to us. She shoots a fire wall, herself, all the hunters and Scott on one side and Esther and me on the other side. ''GO!'' She yells before I can ask what she's doing.

Esther tries to walk through the fire wall but she gets burned pretty quickly and steps back again. ''Lindsey! NO! Don't do this!'' She desperately shouts. I'm on the verge of panicking. My mate just got shot and I can't go to him.

''Please Lindsey! I just want to be with him!'' I try to plead with her. She can't deny me that right? What if he's going to die and I'm not here.

''NO! GO! It's your only chance to survive!'' She screams loudly.

''I don't want to live without you!'' Esther says, already in tears. It scares me that I can't hear or see anything of Scott. I try to sniff the air but the only thing I smell is blood.

''Please Esther, then do it for me. I want you to live. Same goes for you Mitch. Scott doesn't want you to die. We didn't tell you guys because you were in danger!'' Lindsey says. Her voice gets more distanced, meaning she is probably being dragged away.

Esther collaspes to the ground in tears. I can't really comfort her, it's like my brain is not processing anything. My Scott, he can't be gone! He will find a way to come back to me. He will, I'm sure of it.

I do know that sitting here and crying is not going to help anything. I drag Esther back up her feet. I shift in my wolf again and get her on my back, before running towards the entrance of the cave.

When we are in behind the same rock as earlier I shift back in my human form. ''Esther, stop crying!'' I begin to get a bit annoyed with her. She's not the only one who practically lost her mate! ''You have to be strong right now. For Lindsey.'' I don't know how I do this, or where the wisdom is coming from, but something inside just tells me that Scott is going to be okay. Call it instinct or hope, I just hope this feeling is right.

''I know, you're right Mitch.'' She says, wiping her tears with her sleeve. Suddenly her head snaps up, startling me a little. ''Wait!'' I can practically see the gears turning in her head as she is thinking about something very hard. ''Oh my god! Why didn't I think of this before!'' She has a smile on her face. Does she have a plan?

''What is it, Es? Tell me!'' I say impatiently, grabbing her shoulders.

''I wrote the whole thing down what was happening last night. Where the cave is and about Lindsey and Scott. I left it in mister Olusola's office!'' She says her eyes wide, the dispair replaced with hope.

''And you say that just now?!'' I say, I can't believe her. Of course I'm happy that she did this, but she could have told me sooner.

''I did it last night and I completely forgot about it. I really hope Kevin got it.'' She says. So Kevin is mister Olusola's name? He is probably one of my favourite teachers. He can also fight so it would be very helpful if he came to safe Scott and Lindsey.

''Can't you call him?'' I ask. I pull out my own phone, but I don't have mister O's number.

Esther gets her phone out of her pocket, dialing a number. She listens to the device for a while before frowning. ''No service.''

Let's just hope that they got the message and are on their way to safe us.

Scott's POV

I open my eyes, only to feel excruciating pain. I hope I can fall into the piece of darkness again, where I can't feel anything, but that doesn't happen.

I slowly look around at my surroundings. It's just an empty room with windows as walls. On one side of the windows I can see Lindsey. She is using her power to put the place on fire, but it isn't doing anything to the room. On the other side I see people looking at me through the glass.

I immediately try to use my powers on them, but it doesn't work. My powers don't go through windows, it has to be through air.

''Scott Hoying. You're gonna answer some questions for me.'' I hear a voice through an intercom. I can see the mouth of one of the guys moving, signaling that he is speaking through the intercom.

I look at Lindsey, she stopped setting everything on fire. She actually looks like she is talking to them. Should I answer? It's not like I have much of a choice.

''Yes?'' I ask cautiously, while thinking of a plan. I might have a solution but I don't know if that's going to work.

''Do you have children?'' They ask. I slowly start freezing the window on Lindsey's side. If I can maybe completely freeze the window, put ice on it, I can try to break it, with the power of my wolf. It's a shot in the dark, but it might work.

''I don't.'' I answer shortly. I know they wanna extinct all elementals so they can't have any us having children.

I freeze a bit more of the window. I can't do it all at once, because I'm still weak from the fight and my wounds. I can only hope Mitch got away. Before I can think anything else, a big shock goes through my arms. I jump back, not expecting it. I look down at my wrists to see two cuffs there that I hadn't seen before. They can shock me. That is a problem. I should probably try to disable those first. Maybe they think I can't use my powers anymore because they restricted my hands. Thought wrong. Electricity and water is also not a very good idea.

I freeze the cuffs, causing them to stop working immediately. Those hunters are more stupid than I thought. ''You better be speaking the truth or else you'll be shocked.'' The intercom sounds again.

''I really don't have any kids.'' I say, trying to sound more scared. I focus on freezing the entire window as much as I can.

I see them pushing a button, so I jump back again, pretending to be in pain.

Before they can say anything else, a loud alarm sounds through the rooms, startling all of us. What is that? More hunters? I really hope not. I certainly hope that it isn't Mitch that has been caught. Hoping is the only thing I can do right now.

Don't forget to vote!