"I didn't," I say, meeting his gaze. He is about two inches taller than me.

"I'm sure it wasn't your idea, and I-" He stops, his eyes seem to tear up for a second, "I think I've missed you."

"I think I've missed you too-" I sob, and I give him the biggest hug I ever have. Fourteen years worth of hugging. "I-I'm so sorry."

"Stop saying that."

We break apart, and awkwardly push away from each other, giving the other sideways glances and looking at our feet. The silence that fell was strange. Made of unspoken words and awkwardness that radiated from us.

"I think we should stick together, considering our current situation." He states, scratching the back of his head.

"Me too. I mean, yeah we should. Do you want to try and find Hermione?"

"Yeah, sure."

We walk side by side, through Hogwarts. Team Potter. Despite badges that say we suck, or that we stink, and the taunts we get from across the halls, we stick together. We awkwardly glance at each other every now and then. We arrive at a large courtyard full of other students. They give us rude remarks and snigger at us. I ignore them, and we walk straight through. As we pass underneath a large old tree at the end of the courtyard,

"Why so tense Potter?" I look up, to see Draco sitting in the tree, and his entourage surrounding him. "My father and I have a bet you see-" He jumps down from the tree, and makes eye contact with Harry. "I don't think you'll last five minutes in this tournament. He disagrees, he doesn't think you'll last five." His friends laugh.

"I don't give a damn what your father thinks, Malfoy!" Harry snaps, shoving Draco's shoulder. Draco makes a rather angry noise "He's vile and cruel, and you're just pathetic!"

"Harry!" I say, I couldn't help myself. Harry turns to say something to me when I hear

"Oh no, you don't sunny!" Moody steps out, waving his wand at Draco, who was about to cast a spell on Harry. Draco all of a sudden, was not Draco, but a small white ferret. Harry turns around and laughs. I cover my mouth, cooing the ferret under my breath. McGonagall appears, with a trail of do-gooder students behind her, who must have told her about the ferret issue.

"Professor Moody, what are you doing?"

"Teaching" Professor Moody replies matter of factly.

"I-is that a student?!" McGonagall cries in disbelief

"Technically it's a ferret."

People started gathering around from all over the courtyard and laughing at the Draco-Ferret, who was being picked up and waved around my Moody before Moody sticks him down Crabbs pants. I cover my mouth in surprise now, but I still cannot muster a laugh. Draco-ferret falls out of the of the pant legs of Crabbs pants. McGonagall waves her wand once and Draco becomes Draco again. He leaps to his feet, backing away from Moody looking terrified. "My Father will hear about this!" He cries, before sprinting off.

"Draco!" I yell and find myself running after him. I shouldn't be, Harry doesn't like him. Harry wouldn't approve, but I run, never the less.

--------------------------------------

"Draco!" I call again, as I round another corner. Finally, I spot him. He's standing alone, leaning against the stone wall of the battlement, looking rather sorry for himself. He looks up, seeing me. He almost turns away; disappearing into the school again, but he doesn't. I walk up to him, shaking my head, "Draco..." I murmur, standing next to him.

"What? You here to gloat? Did your 'brother' send you?" He snaps, not meeting my gaze, but instead looking out over the lake.

"No, Draco. I wanted to see if you were alright." He looks up, startled.

"Wh-what?"

"You were just changed into an animal, thrown around, and stuffed down someone's pants. I'm assuming you aren't fine."

"I am."

"You're not."

He sighs, shaking his head. "You, are annoying."

"You, are a bad liar."

He sniffs and turns to face me. He has tears running over his cheeks. He sniffs. "Why do you care?"

"I just do. Are you ok?"

He shrugs. I walk over and hug him. I don't know why, but Dumbledore always said to me that hugs can fix almost anything, so I went with it. He didn't hug me back at first, but eventually, he lightly touched his hands to my back. I didn't let go.

"Clara. Clara let go of me." I giggle. "Clara. Let me go. You are so annoying!" I let go of him and giggle some more. He shakes his head. I hold out my hand, smiling,

"Friends?"

He looks at my hand for a minute, before taking it and shaking.

"Friends."