Chapter 17

we've arrived in Houston Texas, after a few hours of what seemed like torture.

we get to Alicia's house. It's a white two story house, with a red door. it looks really fancy.

I get my bags, and Alicia's and walk up to the front door with Alicia by my side.

she knocks on the door and a lady with short brown hair answers.

"oh my god!! you look so much older than I remember Alicia." her mother says.

"and you, you are just so handsome. you really know how to pick them, Alicia." she says as she brings me into a hug.

Alicia's cheeks turn red, and she smiles to me and rolls her eyes.

"I'm Karen, nice to meet you." she says to me with a smile.

"I'm Duff, nice to meet you too." I say, and return the smile.

Alicia and I put our bags upstairs in the tiny room that used to be her own, and Alicia shows me around her old home.

she was in the middle of giving me the tour when I heard a voice call for me downstairs.

"Duff, someone is on the phone for you!" Karen yells from the kitchen.

"coming!" I say back.

"hello?"

"Duff, oh thank god I found this number so listen man.. Appetite is really taking off and apparently we have to shoot some kind of video for Welcome To The Jungle so we'll need you back tomorrow. also, it's doing a whole lot better than we fucking expected so umm we have gigs like every night this month." Slash says in a speedy voice.

"woah man, that's a lot to take in at once." I say.

"so I need to be back in L.A. tomorrow to shoot a music video, and we're playing gigs pretty much every night this month?" I add.

"yes yes, oh yeah and ya know the part about the album being really successful." Slash says in return.

"okay well then I guess I'll see you tomorrow." I say with a confused look. I can't grasp what just happened. it's like everything happened so fast what he said went in one ear, and out the other.

"see ya man, wish you were here to celebrate with us!" slash says.

"yeah me too, miss you guys." I say into the phone.

then I hear someone counting down in the background.

"1,2,3 - LOVE YOU DUFF!!" I hear all the guys shout at once.

I'm pretty sure Alicia's mom heard it too because she looked at me really weird.

"I love you guys too!" I say and hang up the phone.

I walk into the living room to deliver the good news to Alicia.

"Alicia baby, I have good news!" I say as I set on the couch beside her.

"what is it Duff?" she says as she puts her magazine down.

"so the guys just called me, and apparently we have to make a video for Welcome To The Jungle, and we're playing gigs almost every night this month. Appetite is going really well."

"oh my gosh Duff!! that's wonderful!" Alicia says as she gives me a hug, and a kiss on my cheek.

"I have to fly back to L.A. tomorrow for the music video." I say as we pull away from our hug.

"okay, that's fine, I should be leaving in a few days anyway." she says.

"dinner is ready!" Alicia's mother shouts from the kitchen.

we go into the kitchen, and take our seats at the table. we talk about the baby, and we also tell Karen about my band and our success with Appetite For Destruction. I think she likes me pretty good.

----

after Alicia gets out of the shower, she walks in her old bedroom and lays in her small twin sized bed with me.

"you're going to be such a great dad Duff, I'm so glad we're having a baby." Alicia says as she rubs her fingers through my hair.

"and you will be such a good mom." I say back, and I press a kiss into her lips.

we fall sleep after a few minutes of talking about the shows the guys and I will be playing, and other various things.

life is going perfect for me right now. almost too perfect.

A/N : thank you guys so much for all the reads. I think I'll do the Steven fanfic after I get this one done, or maybe after some more chapters. sorry I haven't updated in a while, I've been really busy with school but I should be updating Wednesday if everything goes well! :)