9 - We'll Be Together Forever...

"Adrien?" Marinette asked. Adrien snapped out of his thoughts. He was looking at his feet. He was conscious again, his eyes were summer green, like they were before the transformation.

He felt terrible. He knew what he almost did, and it made him feel guilty. Tears started dropping from his emerald eyes. His eyes were closed when a gentle hand was placed on his cheek. He leaned against it. He sobbed and sighed hardly. Adrien knew that touch, that warmth.

"Don't leave me alone" he said, almost murmured. He heard Marinette's sigh in relief and happiness.

"You're finally back!" she said, smiling widely.

She sounds happy, Adrien thought, but how can she be happy? I almost killed her. He didn't feel as happy as his girlfriend, in fact, he felt guilty.

"I'm sorry Mari, I'm so sorry" he apologized. He kept his eyes closed, not wanting to face Marinette. He was crying, the tears not really taking away his sadness.

"Don't be sorry! You're back now" she assured, smiling to him. Even if she wasn't angry with him, he still felt sorry. And Adrien decided to make that clear.

"Sorry" he repeated. "Stop crying you baby. Don't be scared. I'll definitely protect you" Marinette said. Adrien was scared. Scared of Marinette leaving him. Scared of being alone. Scared of not having the love of his Princess.

"Don't leave me Mari" he said, telling her what he was fearing.

His heart was beating fast, his head was aching. His whole body was aching. His heart was feeling guilty, and his mouth wanted Marinette to know. But, she didn't seem to care that she was almost killed by her boyfriend who happened to be the only werewolf that survived from a very grotesque war between her race and his race.

"I won't" she said, putting her other hand on his other cheek. Marinette pulled him closer, making their noses touch and their foreheads rubbing.

She wiped his tears away. She smiled softly and closed her eyes, keeping her smile. She repeated once again what she said 4 years ago.

"We'll be together forever, till death do us part".

###

One more chapter to go! See ya! By the way, sorry for this being short 😧