3 - The Question

Six years have passed since Adrien started school. He became very close to his parents, there was no awkwardness between them. He befriended everyone at school, became Marinette's best friend, after Alya of course. But, he wanted more than just being friends with Mari. He grew a crush on her, but not a strong one, yet. Adrien was sad though, because he knew that they couldn't be together; he was a werewolf, a monster. She wouldn't love him if she found out, she would hate him and see him as a weirdo.

Maybe not... Maybe he could ask her an opinion about werewolves, and what she thought of them. Also, he would ask the same thing to his parents. So today, he was going to ask Marinette, and he hoped she wouldn't answer something negative.

After school finished, they went to their special place, a field full of flowers and birds that sang beautiful melodies. He motioned her to sit down next to him, under a tree. She sat down and giggled.

"Adrien, what are we doing here? I know it's our place, but we have homework, remember?" she giggled and smiled at Adrien. Her smile disappeared as she saw that he was looking down at his feet, hugging his knees. Marinette looked down too. There was silence.

After two minutes, he sighed and looked up, glaring directly at the forest. "Mari?"

She looked up at him, smiling "Yeah?".

"We're friends right?" he asked, looking at everything that surrounded him. He was worried, so he tried to get to the main plot slowly.

She looked at him, raising an eyebrow, but still answered enthusiastically "Of course!".

"Then, can I ask you something?" he asked her, almost murmured it. It was now or never, if she answered something negative, that was it. His heart would be crashed.

"Mmhh?" she made a sound in response, smiling. He didn't look at her, but instead looked at his feet. He sighed as he asked her.

"What if one day... One day... I turned into a werewolf... One that's really really scary... Will you still be friends with me?" Adrien asked murmuring, but Marinette heard him. She looked back at the scenery, specially the forest, and memories coming back to her. The war between werewolves and humans. She didn't like werewolves, but she liked Adrien.

"Well, they're indeed really really scary..." she said making a pause. He finally dared to look at her, wide eyes across his face. She continued.

"But if you really did turn into one, I won't run" she said, and turned to him smiling. She was saying the truth. Sure, it would be scary, but she liked him, and would tell him now.

"I'll definitely protect you... Because... I like you, Adrien" she said, honesty in her voice. He smiled, and she continued.

"We'll be together forever"

###

Adrien returned smiling, happy due to what Marinette told him. She liked him, too! Now the only thing that was left was to ask his parents. He stopped walking. He was in front of the door that belonged to him. He gulped, and knocked. His mother opened the door and greeted him. She gave him a kiss on the forehead.

"Adrien, tell us how was school today while we eat, okay honey?" she said, walking back to the kitchen.

"Okay mom!" he answered, leaving his stuff on his bed, and running to have dinner.

He sat down and ate with them. He told them how school went on, how Chloe always teased his friends, how he was the best at his class, but he didn't mention the talk with Marinette.

When they finished, and his mother was picking everything up and his father was cleaning, he stayed where he was.

"Mom, dad, I need to ask you something" he said, and both of his parents looked at each other before sitting again.

"Ask whatever you want son" Gabriel said, smiling slightly. Adrien smiled back.

"If one day I... turned into a werewolf... Would you still love me?" he asked, worry in his emerald green eyes. His parents looked at each other, and smiled back to Adrien.

"Honey, for us, it doesn't matter what you are, but who you are is the important thing" Alice said, grabbing his hand, and kissing it.

"If you are a good, caring, loving boy, it doesn't matter if you are a vampire, or an elf, or a werewolf. We would still love you" Gabriel said, and hugged Adrien, Alice joined soon after. Adrien hugged them back and whispered 'Thanks'.

He waved and said he had homework to do. He smiled and went up to his room. Alice asked Gabriel.

"Was that a hypothetical question?"

He looked at her "I don't think so".

###

Ohhhh yiiiis, AN UPDATE!!!
Almost a month since I updated, and I'm sorry for that! I'm full of Final Projects and exams, I hope this will make up for being absent for such a long time!
See ya soon!