Cruisin'

September 25, 2018

Avi's PoV

It was the day we left for the cruise and we all were ecstatic. Everyone was going and we had to catch a flight in an hour. "We're gonna miss our flight!" I called up to Victoire and Kevin. The two came bundling down the stairs, bags in hand. We loaded up in my car and drove to the airport. It was pretty packed and we made it through with not much time to spare. We met up with everyone else on the plane. Kirstie, Esther, Darien, and Jeremy were all sitting together. Scott and Mitch were with each other, and the three of us packed into empty seats. 

We arrived in Florida later that day. Esther had booked a hotel for the night before the cruise. We piled into a few Ubers and made our way to the hotel. We checked into our hotel room and laid down for a few minutes. Kirstie and Scott were making dinner plans for the group while Kevin and I napped. We finally decided to take a shower and change. It took our group about two hours to meet downstairs to eat. Kirstie was looking at her phone. "There's a Hard Rock Cafe within walking distance from here." So, we began walking. Esther and Kirstie were chatting up a storm, with Victoire occasionally chiming in. She was more focused on taking the pictures. 

Victoire had taken the cover photo for our new album. We were in poses we never would've thought of and it honestly looked fantastic. Thankfully, she was now fully recovered from the Incident and could walk fine. She'd even started dancing again. We made it to the restaurant and we had to wait a while for a table, being a party of 9 and all. We eventually got a table and sat down. It was very loud and the atmosphere was pretty neat. 

After we ordered Jeremy piped up. "I first went here in 9th grade." 
"So like 20 years ago?" Victoire asked. Kirstie snorted. 

"Can it princess," he said jokingly. 

"It was a trip to Connecticut and we were in awe because we were at this loud restaurant with great food and it was really late."

"I'm literally in love with this place," Scott said before taking a drink. 

"Same," Mitch agreed. 

Our food arrived and we all dug in. I got a rocking burger and fries. I'll definitely be eating 100% of the time. We then paid our bill and caught an Uber  back to the hotel. Victoire kept nodding off. That girl was jet lagged.  We made it back to the hotel and went to the third floor where our rooms were located. Esther and Darien were in one room, Kirstie and Jeremy in one, Scott and Mitch in another, Kevin and I in one, and Victoire by herself. 

We all went into our rooms. Kevin immediately went to bed. I decided to get a shower tonight rather than in the morning. I finished up and put on some sweats. I decided to check on Vic and make sure everything was okay. I knocked on her door and it slowly opened. "Everything good, kiddo?" I asked. She nodded, yawing. "Alright then, I'm going to bed. Goodnight." I gave her a hug and went back to my room and quickly fell asleep. 

September 26, 2018

Victoire's PoV

I woke up and got a quick shower. I had taken a bath last night but felt icky so just decided to take a shower. I had two hours, anyway. After my shower, I got into my suitcase and pulled out a blue dress and white sandals. I got dressed and went back to the bathroom. I was planning on asking Esther to braid my hair. For now I brushed it out. I put on my makeup, which took about 10 minutes. I went into the hallway and knocked on Esther's door. 

She opened it. "Will you braid my hair?" I asked. 

She nodded and motioned for me to come inside. She gently pulled my hair into a braid. "I've always wanted a daughter," she said when she finished. 

I turned around and hugged her tightly. "I'm now your honorary daughter. No take backs." 

She laughed and hugged me tightly. I left a few minutes after as she and Darien had to get ready and packed. I went into my room and packed up my suitcase. I sat on my bed, waiting on everyone else. I got a text from Avi. 

Meet at breakfast. Leave bags in room. 

I got to the elevator where a very attractive boy got on the elevator with me. He must be going to the beach as he was shirtless with perfect tan abs. We locked eyes and I waved awkwardly. He smirked. I got out of the elevator quickly and went to breakfast. I made a waffle, slightly dancing around to the music coming from outside. I jumped when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see Mitch. 

"Someone looks like they're having a good morning." 

I smiled and began grooving slightly, urging Mitch to join me. He shook his head and left with a laugh. "Love you, too!" I called. 

I got my food and sat down near a window. I had a cup of tea which was very nice. Mitch sat down next to me with a cup of coffee and some food. Scott came next with the same thing. 
"Morning Scottie," I said, taking a sip of my tea. 

Scott made a face and took a sip of his coffee. 

"Mm, look at him," Mitch said, pointing to the boy from the elevator.

"I called dibs!" I protested. 

"He's way too old for you," Mitch responded. 

"He's way too young for you," I retorted. 

"This girl gets better with age," Mitch said casually. 

"Agreed," I said. 

The bus to take us to the cruise was set to arrive right about now. All of us had our suitcases and were ready to go. Kirstie was talking excitedly to Jeremy and I was talking to Darien about lighting and how it helps capture images. 
"Nerds," Esther coughed. 

Darien pushed up his glasses. "Are not!"

We all doubled over laughing. The bus then arrived and we climbed aboard. 

The cruise terminal was packed. We waited in line for a while and eventually got to a desk. They checked all our IDs and passports and gave us cards. They're our room keys, credit cards, and ID now. We all read up about this process online, so we all brought lanyards. Avi had Game of Thrones, Kirstie had music notes, Esther had glitter, Darien had a fabric-y material, I had Harry Potter, Jeremy had Disney, and Scott and Mitch both had rainbows. We slipped our cards in and went to passport check. They took our pictures for who knows what and then we went through.

 Photographers were there and ship backgrounds were set up. The lady told us to take a serious photo so we all posed. Then we gave thumbs up. We moved on and got onto the ship. Our bags were taken before the process began, so they'd be in our rooms when we got there. 

"Let's get lunch, I'm literally starving," Scott suggested. We all agreed and went to a cafeteria-type restaurant. We sat down and I gazed at the horizon. 

This was going to be fun.