Scott's Birthday

September 17, 2018

Avi's PoV

It was Scott's birthday today and we had set up a surprise birthday party at our house. Kirstie and Victoire were currently in the kitchen baking a cake and cupcakes. Victoire had a brace on her leg and had been walking perfectly fine. Kevin and I were hanging decorations around the house. It was going to be a fairly big party with all of Scott's friends. 

Mitch had the job of distracting Scott. He was taking him out for ice cream. They were set to get back any time now. I finished hanging a decoration and heard the doorbell ring. "Get down!" I yelled to everyone. They all hid and I opened the door. 

"Surprise!" Everyone yelled. Scott was elated. We all hugged him and Victoire and Kirstie served the cake. We sang Happy Birthday and Mitch wrapped his arms around Scott and sang very intentionally off-key. 

As we were eating, Scott was talking to all of his friends and everyone was happy in the company of others. While Scott was talking, the band, minus Scott, went to an open area and got everyone's attention. 

"This is a song that we wrote that we dedicate to Scottie," Mitch said sweetly. He took lead and Scott was almost in tears. He ran up and hugged all of us and Victoire took a picture to post to our social media. 

"Present time!" Kirstie sang. She pointed to a small box. "This one's for last." 

Scott opened gift after gift, showing extreme gratitude as he went. He finally got to the last one. "From Kirstie, Mitch, Kevin, Avi, and Victoire," he said, reading the card. He opened the box and found a crown. He laughed, "This is so cute!"

"There's more," Mitch urged. He opened the card and read it out loud. 
"'Since you're a prince to us, it's time we treat you like royalty. So we bought tickets to a Royal Caribbean cruise!'" Scott screamed and hugged us again. "Thank you guys!"