Rehersals

Jasmine walked into The Public Theatre twenty minutes early. With her luck, everyone decided it would be wonderful to be late today so she was the only one there. She quietly texted on her phone and waited for someone, anyone to show up.

Then she heard the door opening and then some loud laughter. There was two taller guys, a shorter one with amazing curly hair then this guy with freckles covering his face. Oh shit. Freckles was cute. Okay, Jasmine you can't have a crush on a guy you haven't even spoken to yet. Pull yourself together.

Then the group spotted her. "Ooh, sorry. We didn't think anyone was in here." The one with freckles covering his face said. He looked oddly familiar.

"I got here really early.." Jasmine shrugged. "You're fine though."

"Fine? Honey I'm more than fine!" The shorter one joked. Jasmine giggled.

"Do you hear her? She's so cute!" The same man gushed.

"If she's so cute then date her." Freckles joked.

"Anthony, I said she's cute not that I'm going straight for her."

Jasmine was laughing quietly at their conversation. Wait—Anthony? He was the guy she googled? Damn. He looked even better in person.

"What's your name, honey?" The shorter man asked after a few minutes. "I'm suspecting that you're new to the cast."

"I'm new. I'm Jasmine. I'm playing Peggy Schuyler and Maria Reynolds."

"Jasmine? That fits you!" The same man said. "I'm Andrew." Then he pointed to the tall man with poofy hair. "That's Daveed and the giant to the left of him is Oak. That's all."

"Heyy!" Freckles complained.

Andrew just laughed at him. Freckles kept poking Andrews arm. "You gotta tell her my name too!"

"Chill, Freckles." Jasmine joked. Then the boys went silent.

"Freckles?" Oak said.

"Yeah. Like look at him!" Jasmine pointed to Freckles. "He has so many freckles so his name is now freckles."

"It's actually Anthony." Freckles mumbled.

"Anthony? That's actually adorable for you. I'm still calling you freckles."

The other boys were about to tease the pair but then the door opened and Jasmine heard footsteps and a girl squealing.

"Ephraim!" This girl with poofy hair yelled as she chased this Ephraim guy that was probably her boyfriend. "Give me my phone!"

"I guess." The man—Ephraim shrugged and handed the girl her phone back.

The pair approached Jasmine, Oak, Daveed, Andrew and Anthony.

"We got a new one? Hey, aren't you playing Peggy and Maria? I heard that the girl who last played her ran out of here crying then quit." Ephraim mentioned.

"Eph, stop!" The girl scolded and lightly hit the man chest. "The poor girl knows no one here." Then she turned to Jasmine. "I'm so sorry about him. I'm Sasha and that's Ephraim."

"It's fine." Jasmine smiled.

"Hey, curls, you gonna introduce yourself?" The man—Ephraim joked.

"Ooh, sorry." Jasmine giggled. "I'm Jasmine."

Then Sasha squealed. "Your laugh! It's so cute!"

But Ephraim looked at her with a shrug. "Yeah but what's your full name?"

"Jasmine Cephas Jones."

"Cephas Jones like, Ron Cephas Jones?" Ephraim asked, his eyes wide.

"Yeah.. He's my dad...?" Jasmine never found her dad 'famous' but apparently other people did.

"Oh my gosh. That's so amazing. I love him."

Jasmine smiled and said a quick thanks. Then her few friends had left to talk to the cast members arriving.

Today was either going to suck ass or be amazing.