The Dark Kingdom [chapter 17]

Thanks to everyone that has read TDK so far! i *heart* you guys seriously! :)

and now i present chapter 17! XD

***************************

There's a gap as deep as a canyon between how you come across to people and the way you are on the inside. And you feel that gap especially when your lying in bed, not sleeping, staring up at the ceiling.

It had only been a couple of hours since I had been close to dying, (heck! It seems like I'm close to dying every day) Jack saved the day, right before I fainted and had to be carried to his dorm. It was night now and he still wasn't back, probably sucking someone's blood or something....What the hell is wrong with me! Jack just saved me! I should be grateful, I AM grateful!

I'd lost Jack and found him again. I'd been falling into a deep pit and he'd caught me, raised me up and held me in his arms again.

But my new world was full of the weirdest stuff.

Of a weird lady I had seen in a tunnel called Anya who was someone important to The Dark Kingdom, of very-annoying-jerky Blair, of Principal Laiklan a guy I'm finding hard to like and sad, damaged Jack.

The dark ceiling seemed to press down on me, the walls crowded in.

I have to get some normality back (if that is even possible; considering the circumstances.)

"Hi" I said as I got to the table were Hannah, Heather, Mark and Sam were sitting having breakfast. I had been allowed to go back to classes today on three conditions; 1st I had to drink Jacks blood in the morning. 2nd Jack would walk me to and from classes and 3rd Jack would be tapped into my emotions constantly in case my thirst built up.

"Emm, can I sit here?" I asked raising an eyebrow at the four of them who were sitting looking at me with their mouths hanging open.

Hannah was the first one to do anything, she moved over to let me sit beside her.

"So...you're a.....emm" She said breaking the uncomfortable silence. It wasn't a question, but I answered anyway.

"Not by choice. I was born into it, my parents-"

"Principal Laiklan told us everything." Hannah interrupted me.

"Its not a bad thing that you're a vamp, actually, its pretty cool." Sam said while Heather and Hannah laughed in agreement.

"Mark! Say something man!" Sam said to the boy next to him who hadn't raised his head since I had come over.

He didn't say anything or even raise his head, instead he slid his chair back and walked out of the canteen.

"For gods sake" Sam said getting up to go after him.

"No, I'll go." I said as I got up, "and thanks, for accepting me as a monster."

"No problemo Sashel." Sam said, "Yeh, we'll always be here for you." Hannah joined in laughing.

I walked out the canteen and hurried down a corridor having no idea were Mark had went to.

"Where are you going?" Someone tugged at my shoulder, I spun round to see Jack.

"Oh yeh, I forgot your my mother and you have to know where I am at all times." I said folding my arms across my chest.

"I'm trying to help you!"

"Please don't, I'm not trying to be selfish or anything I just want everything to be as normal as possible, if anything happens you'll know." I said before turning from him and walking away.

"MARK!" I started shouting on him after wandering around for 10 minutes.

I decided to check the gym after I had finished checking the ground floor and his dorm.

I pushed open the heavy wooden door that entered into the gym hall, I had never been here. I HATE P.E!!! It's pretty pointless if you ask me.

I skewered the gym, the changing rooms and the toilets but there was no sign of him. I looked at the big clock that hung over the door I had come through, damn! I'm late. I ran outside and hurried along the pavement to the side door of the school, I ran up the steps to the music corridor two at a time, that's when the coughing started.

It wasn't like a normal cough it was more of a wheezy cough but yet it sounded like there was a lot of liquid involved; sort of spluttery. It didn't sound quite right, maybe I should make sure the persons ok? Yeh, and they say vampires don't have hearts!

"Hello?" I asked walking along the corridor, as I got further down the sound of someone choking became stronger.

"Is something wrong.....Hello?" I asked again, as I got to the end of the corridor but there was no one in sight the only sound was of someone coughing.

"Sa*splutter*shel?" A weak voice said, I spun round, but there was nobody their only the doors that led to a toilet and the medical room, it must be coming from one of them. The door to the medical room was ajar, I pushed it open, it took my eyes a minute to adjust to what I saw before me, blood everywhere, and in the middle of the floor there was someone curled in on themselves, they looked small in the huge room with the pool of thick red blood surrounding them.

I ran to the person and rolled them over so I could see who it was.

"MARK!" I screamed as my brain processed the image of the person that was spewing blood.

"Whats happening to you?" I asked as tears started trickling down my face, I pulled him onto my lap and started rocking him back and forward as the blood poured out my mouth.

"Help.....me." He chocked out in between coughing up blood.

"I'll go get some help." But this only made him cling onto me more.

"Don't leave me Mark, please don't." I whispered through my sobs.

"Sashel, let him go, he's changing we need to get him to my office where it' soundproof." I turned my head round to the door to see Jack and Principal Laiklan standing at the entrance of the door.

"Changing?" I chocked out through my tears, "As in......" I trailed off as I realised what was happening, he was bleeding like I had when I was changing. Marks coughing brought me back to my senses, Jack picked him up from out of my arms and ran out the door after Principal Laiklan. I was left lying on the cold floor with Marks blood over and around me, life sucks!

***********************

PLEASE VOTE

HAVE YOU VOTED YET?

WHAT ABOUT NOW?

Please vote lol, and COMMENT!!!!!!!

loveyou's

ClaireC409.x