The Dark Kingdom [chapter 2]

She got out the car and slammed the door with a heavy sigh, heading towards the brown building that was to be her new school she paused for a moment at the bottom of the steep steps and closed her eyes. This was the 7th school she had attended in the last 4 years, the only difference was that this was a boarding school and she had to stay here night and day for at least 6 months.

She opened her eyes and looked up at the old building once more before starting to drag her suitcase up the stairs while people pushed and shoved past her. She didn't look back.

She struggled up the few remaining steps and stumbled into a large lobby, everyone was standing, walking side by side, gossiping in little groups. Why did her Aunt Katrina have to move jobs every couple of months she thought. Everytime she started to make friends she had to move schools and start all over again, she wished she could just stay at one school and have proper friends and be a normal teenager. The bell went and the groups of students who had filled the lobby quickly dispersed. She was left standing by herself, something that was not uncommon.

"Ahh the scholarship girl"

Sashel quickly turned to where the voice was coming from.

"Welcome to Philliphead Academy" he greeted walking towards her.

She quickly scanned him looking for any possible threat or sign of danger as she always done, she had learned that in life you always had to look after yourself. He was tall, slim, had black hair, no wrinkles, had a big smile flashing across his face showing his gleaming white teeth and from the way he was striding towards her she could tell he was confident. Sashel picked all this up in only a matter of seconds. He crossed the massive lobby in an elegant manner. Everything about him screamed perfection and this made her self conscious. She smiled nervously as he came to a stop dangerously close to her personal space.

"Sashel Knole? Is that correct?" he asked

"Yes" her voice came out almost as a whisper.

"Well my name is Principal Laiklan but everyone calls me Craig."

He told her as he led her down a corridor.

"I understand this is your seventh school? Hopefully this school will keep you for longer..... In fact I'm sure we'll keep you" He added laughing. She didn't understand what was funny, was he making fun of her? Whatever the reason she made a weak attempt of laughing.

"This place is much more than a school." They came to a halt at the door of an office where people were working busily on computers and phones.

"if you choose the right path it will change your life forever." He stared at her with an intense and unnerving gaze. She had to try hard not to role her eyes after hearing the whole 'future' and 'careers' talk more times than she cared to remember.

"These people will help you find your way about. I need to be on my way now." And with that he abruptly turned on his heels and walked away.

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful she had been given her timetable and had been shown to her dorm which she was to share with a girl called Hannah. She had been left to unpack and explore the massive mansion of a school for the rest of the day. At the end of the day she met Hannah and they had sat and talked for hours, she was a nice enough girl and talked a lot! They both went to bed deciding to wait till tomorrow to hear Sashels life story. She was just about to nod off when she heard a loud noise that sounded like it was coming from outside the dorm, she jumped up and looked at her phone. Who the hell would be up banging around at 1am she thought. She crept silently to the door and held her breath as she tried to listen to what was happening.

"Don't drop it again, we need that for the new one. She will probably need it." Someone whispered

"Sorry. When will they be changing her?" Someone else asked excitedly.

"Whenever Craig says so. I hope that isn't too long though, I'm starving."

"Same. I hope Jack doesn't stop us from having a little snack.....I heard she looks Emma"

"What? Who said that?" One of them asked urgently

"Jason said he saw her wandering around today, and she was the spitting image of Emma"

"Sarah, you should know better than to believe him, we should probably take this back, like now !"

"Hmm.....Yeh it's beginning to go warm"

Sashel crept back into bed as she heard the girls whispers growing fainter and fainter as they walked away