Chapter 1

*4 years Later*
*Mount Justice*

Wally sighed, sinking into the couch. He was happy to have a day off. He was happy to not be bothered by the harsh and brooding man he calls Batman. The team especially he was happy that they weren't at the mountain. He can just sit back and relax.

Or at least he hoped, but that never comes true. Just as he settled down into the couch, the Zeta tubes started naming the people he was just admiring weren't here. Artemis, Aqualad, Connor, Red Arrow, and M'gaan along with Batman appeared in the room.

"Oh come on! Isn't it supposed to be a day off?!" Wally complained, still not sitting up from the couch.

"We have an urgent mission." Batman said sharply. Wally groaned and stood up, looking at the team who was more serious than he thought.

"What's the mission?" Wally asked.

Batman walked over to the middle of the room and pulled up the holographic computer. He started typing things and then a familiar mask popped up on the screen with a file folder next to him. Batman turned to the team.

"This is Slade Wilson, or as you know him as Deathstroke. He trafficking humans and selling them. He is also stuffing dead bodies with drugs and selling those. I need your help to take him down and stop the illegal trafficking." Batman explained.

"Hang on! Are we gonna do a mission with you?!" Wally asks excitedly.

Batmans mood did not change. Instead he rolled his eyes and walked to the batmobile. "Get ready. We leave in 10." He says and gets into the batmobile.

*an hour later*
*Deathstroke's lab*

Today was a rare day for both Dick and Slade. Slade had a weird feeling and so he brought Dick with him. Dick was bruised, cut and cowering at the end of his cage. He wore only his ripped jacket and a pair of blood stained shorts. He never had the luxury of wearing shoes so he had really messed up feet and his hands were rubbed raw as well as his ankles from the chains. He was 13 and weighed less than a feather. Or that's what he believes he weighs. Dick wore his muzzle that was connected to the top of the cage so that Dick could only look down and side to side. Slade did not want the boy to make noise and see him working.

"Slade, is it wise to have the boy here?" A scientist asked as they emptied the body they were working on of its entrails.

"He can't see what we are doing. Plus I had a bad feeling about leaving him home." He looked at the cage and then at the Scientist. "If you want, the obedient dog makes a good lab rat, don't you think?" He asked.

The Scientist laughed. "I may have to take that into consideration. I've had a new drug I've been wanting to try out. If you don't mind." The scientist walks over to the cage, causing Dick to jolt back but he couldn't really go anywhere because of the muzzle.

"Feel free to torture him. It makes him more obedient when he's hurt." Slade smirked as he put a bag down in the open body. He started filling it with drugs and black market venom.

The Scientist grabbed a scalpel from the table and stabbed Dicks shoulder, causing him to squeal slightly. Just then, the door busted open, causing them to jump. The Scientist didn't pull the scalpel out before he was knocked out by a blur. Dicks cage was knocked over, causing him to land on his back and see the action unfold.

A man, he has known as Batman was fighting his master as the group of... Teens? They were trying to figure out the body on the table. Dick watched as the Batman was knocked down and Slade made it to the other side, shooting his gun. He shot the batman in the shoulder before he disappeared out of the window. Dick could've sworn he saw Slade's eyes travel to his but he wouldn't know.

"What's with them trafficking Venom?" A boy in a yellow suit says, plugging his nose.

"I don't know but using body's is a new low." A man in a red suit says with arrows strapped to his back.

The batman walked over to the table and started going through the body. "Batmam, are you okay? You have been shot." A man who looked like he had gills says.

Dicks shoulder throbbed, causing him to squirm on his side in the cage. His mouth felt more restricted as he was hanging there. The chains on his hands hitting the cage must've alerted the team because all their heads searched for the noise.

Batman was the first to land on the pained blue eyes and he jumped into action. He rushed over to the cage, causing Dick to try to move further into the cage. "Woah! It's a kid!" The yellow man says.

"And he's muzzled!" M'gaan shouted.

"What kind of monster does this to a kid?" The red suit asks.

Batman ignored the question and tried to right the cage. One Dick's cage was standing straight, he still tried to cower away but the muzzle wouldn't allow him. He moaned sadly.

"He's trying to get the muzzle off." The man in yellow stepped forward and unhooked the muzzle from the top of the cage. Once Dicks head was free he scooted to the back of the cage, shaking in fear. His bright blue eyes filling with tears.

"Hey it's okay, we won't hurt you. We are here to help." Batman says in a soothing voice, shocking the team of young teenagers.

Dick just cowered back and when the scalpel pushed deeper into his back he lurchered forward, making Batman grab the boy and drag him out of the cage. He was lighter than Batman thought and when the boy was out of the cage, he cowered down.

"Bats he's hurt badly. Look at him." Artemis says.

Batman finally looked at him. His frame was so small and skinny and he looked no older than 13 or 14. His hair was long and messy and he was in chains and bruised down to the bone. "Hey I'm not gonna hurt you. Do you trust me?" Batman asked.

The young boy glanced up and Batman slowly made a move and took off the muzzle. It fell to the floor with a loud thud. Dick stared wide eyed at the look on their faces. They weren't menacing. They were... Kind. Dick lifted his hand and felt his face for the first time in years. He couldn't help but let a small smile escape.

"Wait.... I know this kid." Batman says. "Are you... Dick Grayson?" Batman asked.

The boy stared for a moment, but trusting him, he nodded.