Chapter 8

"Ellie, I care because-!" Ed yelled.

"Because...?"

I stared at him with tearful eyes. As I waited for an answer, I kept walking. He didn't care at all, after all he is a celebrity. How could I be so stupid?

"Ellie! Wait!" he shouted.

"Ed, I'll just walk home. Honestly, it's fine, I've dealt with this for a long time anyway."

"I can't let you do that. Come on, you're getting out of that hell hole."

"Fine."

"Come on my car's this way."

Ed took hold of my wrist and led the way. Why was he doing this for me? He just met me and he's already wanting to care for me. Ed opened the door to the passenger's seat and I hopped in. He made his way to the other side and started the car. I told him my address and we drove off. The entire drive was silent, no one made a single sound. We arrived at my house and I slowly stepped out of the car. Ed followed behind me, making no sound. I walked to the tree, leading to my room. I climbed up and opened my window.

----

I finished packing my last suitcase. Ed had already taken all my other stuff.

"Ellie!" my mom yelled.

I didn't move a muscle. I heard another pair footsteps walking up the stairs. Ryan. They whispered silently, to the point where I could barely make out what they were saying.

"Ellie! Get your ass out here. You're in big trouble," Ryan shouted.

Quickly, I threw the suitcase out my window and grabbed my bag full of money. Ryan kicked the door down and came after me. But, I was already halfway out of the window. He managed to pull my hair before I fully escaped. I slid down the tree and ran for my life. I could sense Ryan behind me, catching up to me. Thankfully, Ed had put all my suitcases in his car. All I needed to do was get into Ed's car. My heart raced as I got into Ed's car.

"Drive! Drive damn it!" I yelled.