15

*Jack's POV*

"Do I have to go? I'll just pretend I'm sick." I groaned. I really don't want to go back to school. Monday's are worst.

"Yes, you do. Because whether you like it or not, you need an education." Johnson threw me a shirt. 

"How's that hot tutor of yours?" Skate smirked at me.

"Hot? I wouldn't quite use that word. She's weird, she's crazy, I don't like her. I told her to get lost." I rolled my eyes. Skate thinks anyone with boobs and a butt is hot. He once told someone that he liked her butt and then she turned around and smacked him. Turns out, it was just a guy with a huge butt. Skate told me to never tell anyone that story. Oh well.

"Dude! Even if you didn't like her, you need English help." Johnson yelled at me.

"Oh well, who needs English in life, amirite?" I grinned.

"Yeah, totally don't need it." Johnson rolled his eyes. One thing about him is that he really focuses on his studies. I'm kind of jealous. Like, he's good at school and has his whole future planned out. I don't even have my clothes planned out.

"Why are you so hazy lately? All you do is daydream nowadays. What the hell is running around in that tiny little mind of yours?" Johnson shook his head in disbelief."

"Danielle, I bet," Skate said and I looked down. "See, he won't admit it, which means it's true,"

-----------------------------------------------

It's finally lunch. I'm starving. 

I sat down next to Dani and she smiled at me. She was the only one at the table, I guess everyone else is getting food or still in the hallways.

"Hello." 

"Hey, how's your morning?" I asked her.

"Tiring. My math teacher doesn't know how to give someone a grade over a C. And I tried extremely hard for that test to be a good grade." She groaned and tilted her head back. I laughed.

"Honestly, same with my English teacher. Like, come on man, round my 62 to an A please!" She started to laugh at my joke. I smiled at her. I like her laugh.

Ever since the whole situation on the ferris wheel, things have been a little weird between us. Not super weird, just a little.

I coughed hard and groaned.

"You alright?" Dani asked me, looking concerned.

"I'm sick." I moaned.

"Here, drink this." She handed me a water bottle. She's too sweet.

"Thanks." I smiled at her and drank some.

"Did you go to the doctor?" She asked me.

"Yes, I did."

"What did he say?" She started eating her lunch. She was eating a pickle, go figures.

"He said that I'm lacking vitamin U." I looked down and smirked at her.

She smiled and rolled her eyes. "That's the best you can get?"

"Yeah kinda." I laughed and scratched my neck.

"A for effort." She shook her head, giggling at me.

"Hey, I thought that one out for like an hour. Be proud of me." I nudged her. I saw that Johnson and Skate were walking over.

"Here's a gold star."  She fake put a gold star on my cheek. My cheek tingled at her touch.

"What's G getting a gold star for?" Johnson asked as he and Skate sat down.