3

"Aunt Belle, this place is amazing. Why on Earth did you ever leave?" I looked around at the beautiful landscape around the airport. Yesterday I bored myself thinking of Nebraska and now I can't seem to bring myself to hate it.

"Because I wanted to be with you and your mom," She smiled at me and kissed my head. I smiled back and we waited for our taxi cab that was going to take us to our new house. 

Eventually, 20 minutes of waiting, this little cab came to pick us up. We hopped in with our luggage and slunked in the comfy car seats. It was only 1 o'clock in the morning. Aunt Belle seemed exhausted but I really wasn't. It was typically earlier than my bedtime usually, back home. But because the past few days all I did was sleep, I felt fine and not even tired. 

"Hello ma'am. Long day?" The driver turned around and smiled at us.

"Like you wouldn't believe." Aunt Belle sighed and smiled at the man.

"Where can I take you two young ladies?" The man said and my aunt gave him the address to our new home.

18836 Lynard Drive, Omaha, Nebraska.

"We will be at your destination in about 35 minutes." The man said pulling away from the airport parking spot. 

"Ahhhh, it's so peaceful around here. Just like it used to be. You ready to start a new life, Danielle?" She smiled and I leaned my head on her shoulder.

"Well I don't really have a choice, now do I?" I meant it sarcastically but she just shrugged. She's too tired to think. I get it. 

"Hey, I know it's upsetting to leave your childhood home behind. But maybe this is God trying to tell us that it's time to start a new life. Start a new beginning to our lives. I promise, things will get better."

"I know," I said to her, but I think I was just trying to convince myself it was true.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Danielle, Danielle, wake up." I woke up to my aunt slightly nudging me.

"What time is it?" I leaned up and stretched my back.

"About 1:45. But we're here!" Aunt Belle said with a little cheer in her voice. Whatever tiredness she had in her earlier, was definitely gone.

I hopped out of the car as Aunt Belle paid the driver. I looked up at our house and gasped quietly. The house was beautiful. It was like a black and white house with a ton of windows. Very modern. I walked towards the front door and waited as my aunt pulled out a key that they had shipped to her a while back.

"You ready?" My aunt said, excitedly. I couldn't blame her, I was pretty excited too.

"1.....2......3!" She yelled and opened the door. I automatically smelled that 'new house' smell, even though it wasn't new. We both walked in and took in our surroundings, both of our mouths opened slightly.

"Wow," I said. There was a huge chandelier above us and like 3 or 4 hallways leading to different areas around us. We walked down one of the hallways and it led to this beautiful kitchen. It was average sized but still amazing looking. It had a granite counter top and an open space for our kitchen table. It already had our appliances in it, and there was a welcome note on the counter from Aunt Belle's real estate agent. 

We walked down another hallway and there was our living room. It was a beautiful, crystal white room with big, glass-stained window. Our white couch from our old house was already in the room.

Another hallway led to our family room which was just a small little room with a TV outlet and a place for a new couch. We only had one couch. We had to get rid of our other, older couch because mice decided to plant a home in the inside of our couch. We burned that thing down faster than Taylor Swift's relationships last.

We then walked upstairs to check out the rooms. We walked in one room which was a big room, obviously my aunts, since her bed was against one of the white walls. Makes me sad knowing that I won't even be living here. Honestly, not going to lie, I'm pretty damn jealous knowing that I won't be living here, but in a school. That just freaks me out. Living in a school practically. Well a boarding school, but oh well.

Another room was right next to Aunt Belle's, which is my room. It had my purple comfy bed in it. It's just there for when I come home to visit or whatever. My room was was actually pretty nice. It had a balcony and a bathroom, along with the immense amount of space.

"Nice, huh?" Aunt Belle said and put her arm around my neck.

"Yeah, it's amazing. I wish I could live here with you." I told her and looked up at her.

"I wish you could too. But it's not safe, yet. Not if Billy doesn't have a set jail time, yet."

"Anyway, when am I going to my boarding school to move in?" I asked her thinking about it.

"I was thinking next Monday we could move you in and Tuesday you could start school. Just so you could spend a little time here with me," She said looking over at me.

Today's Friday so that gives us about 2 days left together. I have to admit it though I am kind of excited. Just to live with someone in a dorm, and make new friends. I just hope I have a good roommate. 

"So, it's getting late, I'll let you unpack some stuff you want to keep here and get to sleep. It's been a long day. Just don't unpack things that you are going to need for school, okay? Goodnight, Danielle. Sleep tight." Aunt Belle kissed my forehead and walked out. 

"Hmmm... what to do, what to do..." I sang to myself quietly. 

I took my suitcases and flung them on my bed. I also picked up some boxes that were from my old room and were shipped over. I took all the clothes out of my suitcases and sorted out the ones that I would want for boarding school, and the ones I could just leave here.

I put like 20 pairs of leggings, 10 pairs of jeans, like 45 shirts, and a couple 'dressy clothes' back in my suitcase for my room at boarding school. I unpacked some lamps and decorations from my boxes and set them up. 

After about 30 minutes of unpacking and sorting, I took one of my blankets from a box, walked over to my bed, and snuggled up in it. I'm exhausted. I'll just unpack the rest tomorrow. 

I tossed and turned in my bed, in my new room, in my new house, in my new city, in my new state, in my new life, until I fell asleep.