5

Today is officially the first day of my new life. Time to start my new life at a boarding school. It's currently 3 o'clock and I am leaving now. Leaving the house that I just got to 4 days ago. Well, maybe boarding school will be fun, right? New friends....at least I hope.

"Are you ready to hit the road, Dani?" Aunt Belle walked in my room with her coffee. 

"Yes, I am. Everything is packed up and I'm ready. But I'm going to miss you, Aunt Belle." I went up to her, with my suitcase in my right hand and hugged Aunt Belle with my other.

"I'll miss you way more, but this is for your best. And please, please, please call me at least 20 times a week." She smiled slyly and I rolled my eyes, laughing.

"Okay, kidding. But please, at least 3 times a week? I want to know how things are going once you get settled." She hugged me tightly, and wouldn't let go.

"Of course, Aunt Belle." I smiled at her. I'm definitely going to have a hard time leaving her.

"Okay, let's get going then?" She let go of me and I nodded. We walked downstairs and packed my suitcases in the back trunk. 

We got into the car and as we were leaving, I looked back at our house. I got pretty darn attached to our new house throughout the couple days we've had it. But I mean, it's not like I'm never going to see it again. I'm allowed to go back home on the weekends, but of course, I probably won't every weekend. It's a 2-hour drive from our home to the boarding school. But it's for my sake, to keep me far away from Aunt Belle. If anything ever happened, and Billy was to find Aunt Belle, he wouldn't find me. And that's what we want, is for me to be as far as possible away from Billy as I can. Or at least that's what has been drilled into my brain these past 2 weeks.

I plugged in my headphones as we pulled away from the neighborhood, and put on some soft indie music to calm my nerves. I leaned my head against the window, looking at the beautiful surroundings, and then closed my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I opened my eyes right on time. I looked out the window and saw this huge building. And by huge I don't mean huge. I mean HUGE! The place looked like an ancient castle. It was beautiful! I mean, thank God. I have to live here, so it's a good thing it's a nice looking place at the very least. I took out my headphones, as Aunt Belle pulled into the parking space, and put my phone on vibrate since I don't want to walk in and totally have my phone go off while people are in class, or studying or something like that.

I hopped out of the car and the school dean was waiting outside the building for us.

"Hello! You must be Belle and Danielle! I'm Dean Jackson. Very nice to meet you! Come on in, you can leave all your belongings in the car for now while I introduce you to the building." Dean Jackson smiled widely at us as she led us inside. The second I walked in, I gaped. It was beyond beautiful and looked prettier inside than outside.

"Where did you guys move here from and what brings you to Nebraska?" Dean Jackson asked, making small talk. 

"We moved here from Illinois and just moved here for my new job. Of course, the big promotion had to be in another state." Aunt Belle said, smiling. She literally just lied straight to the dean's face. But I mean, it's not like she needs to know. 'Why did you move here?' 'Oh, no reason. Just that my ex-boyfriend tried to kill me. No biggie.' Yeah, that conversation would go well.

"Very nice! I've been to Illinois. Beautiful area. And congratulations on the promotion!" the dean said walking to a hallway.

We looked down the hallway and saw a couple of students walking to lockers with their backpacks. Some students shoved their way past us. I'm guessing this is the school area. School tends to bring out the worst in people.