six

new chapter. nothing's new. same thing.

and yo y'all are so fucking cool. thank you for reading this and giving me so many reads, and votes, and comments. it's not a lot but to me it is. i owe this chapter to y'all so enjoy

+

it was sunday and calum and michael was sitting in a park checking out the beautiful scenery. not really, they were just waiting for luke so they could go to the retro diner in town.

they saw a tall and lanky guy enter the park and they watched as he ran from the entrance to the bench they were at.

"sorry guys, veronica was scolding me in her cute british accent." luke said before running his fingers through his flat hair.

"it's cool. now let's go, i'm starving." michael said. they all nodded and started to walk down to the diner.

they reached it and smiled as they walked in. they kind of felt at home in the diner since they've been going there as long as the three knew each other.

they were greeted with the sight of waitresses wearing blue, pink, and white uniform dresses and rolling on roller skates.

they found a booth and michael and calum sat on the same time and luke sat on the opposite.

ashton came out from the back and picked up his notepad and pen. he was currently dressed in his uniform dress and was wearing white skates that had lavender wheels.

ashton skated over to a table that had a family of four occupying it.

"hello, welcome to the riptide diner, my name is ashton and what may i get you?" ashton did the same introduction he gave everyone.

the family started to give out their orders when someone shouted ashton's name. the voice was oddly familiar and that made ashton's head shoot up.

ashton allowed his eyes to scan over the crowd of people before his eyes landed on three boys. luke, calum, and michael.

calum was smiling and waving his arms at the boy. his eyes widened and he turned quickly around to the family again.

"uh, ignore him. what were you saying?" ashton said. the family finished ordering and ashton wrote everything down.

"your food'll be out soon." ashton gave a sweet smile. he started to skate away when he got stopped by his co worker.

"go help them out." she told him.

"what?" ashton asked. she repeated what she said and ashton protested. she gave ashton a stern look and ashton knew she wasn't budging. he ripped the family's order out of his notebook and handed it over to her.

ashton sighed, wiped his sweaty hands on his dress and skated over there with a forced smile on his face.

"hello, welcome to ri–" ashton started to say when luke rudely cut him off.

"when did you work here?" he asked. ashton stared at him before clearing his throat and answering with a short about a week ago.