five

i'm updating too quick i feel annoying

+

ashton sat on his bed with a book in his dainty hands. he had on his fairy lights instead of regular once. music was playing softly in the background.

ashton was glad his dad was at work because if he wasn't he'd be something else. something he rather not do.

ashton shivered at the thought and decided to stop thinking about it and keep reading.

"hey, ashton." his mom's voice rang out quietly. she was poking her head into her son's blue room.

ashton looked up and saw the face of his beautiful mother. seriously, she was a beauty. she had blonde hair and dull blue eyes.

by that description it might seem like they're not related. he got his eye color from his deadbeat of a father. his mother's blonde hair and father's brown hair mixed to give him honey colored hair.

he had his mom's personality and her feminine traits. he was thankful for that. he didn't want to be super masculine and wearing skirts.

"hey, mom." he answered after snapping out of his thoughts.

"what are you up to?" she asked.

"just reading."

"reading what?"

"anne of green gables."

"that book is beautiful."

"yeah, i wish i lived there."

"same. just imagine your own green gables. imagine everyone you love there. imagine the good life." she told ashton. ashton nodded and smiled.

"you're a beautiful boy, son. i hope you know that." she whispered. ashton nodded and put in his bookmark.

"now, i have to go cook dinner. do you have any plans?" she asked, leaning against the doorframe.

"um, could i hang out with my friends?" he asked.

"you made friends?! that's great!" she smiled and hopped onto ashton's neat bed. she then proceeded onto asking to tell her all about them.

"well, their names are luke, calum, and michael. they're seniors. they–" ashton was about to say something when he got cut off.

"seniors? ashton what'd i tell you about seniors?" his mother sighed.

"i know! they're nice boys, i swear mom!" he assured her. she nodded and continued to listen to her son ramble about them.

"that's good you made friends. of course you can hang out! just call or text me if anything goes wrong, okay?" she said. ashton nodded and kissed her cheek. he watched her leave and go to the kitchen.

he got up and put on some jeans that were ripped at the knees and a baby blue sweater. he looked in his mirror and tossed his curly hair around trying to fix it. it wouldn't cooperate so he just sighed and left it alone.

he grabbed his phone and headphones. he also packed a bag full of his needed material and left his room. he went into the kitchen and hugged his mother.