Picnic at Green Hill

My teacher came back the next day. I was surprised to see him and as gratitude I did my best to pay attention. Sonic hadn’t come by today, I was disappointed; we should have as much bonding time as possible before our marriage, at least I thought so. But it wasn’t too bad. I was going to see Shadow tonight. I smiled as I remembered our pinky promise.

My lesson had gone by quite quickly; I guess school isn’t long when you listen up the first time instead of daydreaming it away. I sat in my room, doodling on some scrolls for fun. I had drawn the big moon hovering above the clouds and next to it the star Sirius. Gazing at the star was Shadow and I ridding on his hawk. Shadow held me close with a slight smile on his face as I happily pointed to the star. I wouldn’t’ say it was half bad for an amateur artist such as myself. Then again wouldn’t all people claim to be talentless even when they’re talent is greater? I wish this was a drawing I could show around to everyone like some of my others, but being of whom it was, someone they learned to fear, it wouldn’t be a good idea. Plus it might give what Shadow and I share together away. This is just going to have to be a work of art for my eyes only.

“Hey, I didn’t know you draw.” Shadow’s voice suddenly answered behind me. I jumped turning around and saw him standing over me.

“What on Mobius are you doing here!? Do you know what time of day it is?” I hissed in a whisper trying not to scream. What if someone was to walk in and find him!?

“Relax. I can come out in the day time you know, I’m not a vampire.” He smirked with a wink. I flushed; vampires are supposedly drop dead sexy people to lure in their pray, and have unnatural powers of strength and fighting skills, powerful, ruthless, and only come out in the night. Aside from the diet being blood, half of that description fits Shadow almost completely. [

“I thought you said you were coming at night.” I said calming down.

“I couldn’t wait.” He shrugged and blushed softly, “Want to have dinner with me?”

“Really!? Yes! I’d love too!” I jumped up and down happily. He took me in his arms and chaos controlled to the ground.

“Did you fly here?” I asked.

“No, I came by foot. A black hawk in the day time would set off too many alarms and scare people.” He said crouching by a hedge to keep hidden from others.

“Where are we going to have dinner at?” I asked hiding with him. He seemed to search around for something in the bush and picked up a basket.

“A picnic?”

“Sure.” He nodded and gave me the basket, “Hold on to it.” He took me in his arms and made a quick dash to get away from anyone who might catch us.

We had a picnic on a green hill overlooking an ocean. We watched the clouds and lied in the grass together. It felt so easy and simple, there was no stress or walking on eggshells, like I sadly felt when I was around Prince Sonic.

“Here Amy.” Shadow said softly taking something from out of the basket. It was a single soft pink rose. I took it from his hand, the peddles so velvety soft and cool in temperature.

“For me?” I looked at him making sure he had no signs of regret, “It’s beautiful.”

“Like you.” He smiled and took me in his arms while he sat up and held me in his lap and planted a little kiss on my forehead making my face go red.

“I wish you could marry me instead…” He said as if it was a thought spoken out loud. What was I supposed to say? I was shocked, I couldn’t admit to wanting the same thing, I didn’t even know if that would be true or not. He really, loves me. Is this what’s always in fairy tales, ‘true love’? Have I finally found it but won’t be able to keep it because I’m betrothed!? This just isn’t fair!

He held me closer without an answer, and we both stayed silent, letting the wind blow through our quills as we just stayed in each other’s embraced savoring this moment, for after I’m married, I’ll never share it with him again….

*~*~*~*Sonic’s POV*~*~*~*~*

“Later Tails I’m going out for a run!” I waved after I finished handing him the reins to my horse.

“Okay.” He nodded leading it into the stable. I took off down the village streets trying to get things straight in my mind. I’ve already talked to Sally about this betrothed thing, he wasn’t happy about it, just as much as I was. She cried in my arms all night when I told her. It broke my heart. Now I had to spend the rest of my life with this Amy girl. I was trying to distance myself from Sally now, so it won’t be so painful when I have to force myself to say “I do.” Yet at the same time I knew I was supposed to try and get at least acquainted with my new wife to be, but I’ve been avoiding her as well. I’m sure she isn’t a bad person at all. She has a good head on her shoulders I’ll give her that.

I made it to green hill, deciding I might give her a visit when I’m on my way back. Might as well make it look like I’m giving an effort. Only to my surprise I see someone. Green hill is for the most part empty all the time, which is why it makes the perfect ideal running place. I skidded to a stop and hid behind a shrub off to the side peeking through to get a glimpse of who was here, and what I saw made my blood boil over and made my face beat red.

Tbc.