Chapter 37

SCOTT
---------------------------------------------------------

Fear

Confusion

The emotions stung my eyes. Looking for Donovan wasn't a challenge. His scent was like a trail of footprints.

The walkie talkie was heavy in my pocket as I made my way into the unknown. Following the scent led me to a scene.

Walking slowly not wanting to be the cause of anymore of his fear.

"Donovan" I called out. He curled himself in the corner, his hands hugging his ears.

"Go away!" He wailed in panic,moving out of my reach. I held my hands up ad a sign of peace, not daring to move closer.

"I'm here to help you. But you need to tell me what you saw." I said gently, but firmly at the same time.

"It was her. She did it." He let slip, his hands leaving his ears and griping his hair for comfort. I walked closer.

"I know you're scared but if you tell me who did it everything will be fine. Just be a little more specific." I asked reassuringly.

He mumbled something so low my ears were straining to comprehend.

"Could you repeat that a little louder this time." I asked

He lifted his head a little and squinted his eyes at me.

"Tracey. It was Tracey but she was out of control. It wasn't normal." He admitted at last. My mind started to spin with different theories and possibilities.

The static of the radio caught my attention. The sheriff's voice filled the abandoned building.

"Scott are you there?" He questioned in concern. I quickly answered.

"Yeah I'm here and I found Donovan. He's freaking out but he said a name.

"Who's name?" He asked with a hint of impatience.

"Tracey. Tracey Stewart.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I tried upload this chapter earlier but when it did my writing didn't show up. So here's another try.

DnaSlade