7

Jade

As soon as the familiar house comes into sight, I began running like a madwoman towards it.

Quickly unlocking the door, my bag gets thrown carelessly on the couch before I make my way upstairs to my room. Taking out the laptop, the name is quickly punched into the search bar. The results instantaneous.

Allison Argent.

A million pictures of her popped up and the urge to vomit was clawing its way from the depths of my stomach. Forcing the feeling down I pressed on into my lengthy search.

High School Student killed in tragic accident

Friends and family mourn the loss of ---

Another tragedy in Beacon Hills: is the town cursed?

Father mourned the death of wife, two years later mourns loss of daughter

........

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Darkness is what I wake up to. A fog of confusion surrounds me, almost as if it's suffocating me.

Slowly sitting up I look around.

I don't even remember falling asleep. It was there. Sitting on the desk in corner was my laptop. Closed.

Hmmm I- I don't even remember doing that.

The clock
8:07 pm.
It was just 2:00

What?

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The sound of the phone shakes me out my foggy daze. Oh shit.

"So you're skipping school now?" The tone is calm with a undertone of anger.

"Mom I -"

"What the hell was so important that you had to leave halfway through the first day of school?"

Silence. I didn't even know how to word everything that happened in a way that would make complete sense and justify skipping.

"Darling I'm waiting?" She was still angry but it was being drowned out by concern.

" I don't even know what's happening other than me having the face of a dead girl." The words were spitted out.

"What are you talking about? A dead girl?" Anger was completely gone now, losing its fight against the overpowering waves of worry.

"Everyone at school kept calling me--" I hesitate.

"Calling you what?"

"Everyone was looking me with these sad, pitying looks. Like they knew something but didn't want to say it let alone tell it to my face."

"Honey. They kept calling you what?"

"I didn't make any friends." The words rush out. "Mom I felt so uncomfortable. Everyone kept staring at me and saying I looked like her. I didn't know what else to do other than leave".

"Mom?"

"Now you listen to me." Her voice stern and strong. It grounded me.

"What is your last name?"

"Mom I-"

"No, answer me. What is your last name?" This time emphasized

"Aiken."

"That's right you're a Aiken. That means you are strong and unbreakable." "It means no matter how hard things get you will continue on. So...take a big breathe and calm down." She commanded.

I do as I am told and take a big breathe. It was the only sound in the empty house, the phone the only source of light displaying my face in the ominous darkness.

Inhale x Exhale

"Forget about today because tomorrow is a new one. You can start fresh and be you." Her voice strong and steady.

Inhale x Exhale

"Okay, I'll start over tomorrow."

Inhale x Exhale

"I'll see you when you get home" My finger hovered on the end call button, but a voice called out.

"Yes mom"

"You said everyone was calling you something"

"What was it? What did they call you?"

"Allison. They called me Allison".