5

Scott

The scene rewinded over and over again until it became something unrecognizable. Like a CD full of scratches marked by continuous use.

That feeling of disassociation never truly left me. My legs felt heavy as I tried to forge my path down the hallway. Sending apologies here and there for running into others. A testament of how unnerved I was by recent events

A rough hand lands on my shoulder, shaking my mind out of the fog. And began pulling me in a different direction.

A pale hand that was covered in moles.

Stiles.

"You're coming with me." He beckons without a explanation, even though I knew one was not needed.

"Come on I got a free period." I complained but still allowed myself to be pulled anyway. It was a much needed distraction. Her face was there in my mind. A shaky projection that became clearer and clearer until it slowly slithered away.

"So do I. And so does Theo Raeken. Let's go." Stiles said quickly.

He turns around and starts walking to the locker room in a hurry. Leaving me no choice but to run after him.

Theo was waiting on a bench, expecting our arrival.

"So explain." Stiles impatiently stands.

"I don't know where to start" Theo states.

"Just start from how you received the bite" the words come out soft and gentle from my mouth.

"Okay." A sigh escapes his mouth. "I was skating in my neighbor's empty swimming pool trying to do a hand plant." He started.

" Nobody was home. I'm not a good skateboarder but I was so determined I completely lost track of time. I didn't even realize it was night until the yard lights came on." A ghost of a smile appears a little at the memory.

"Like I said I wasn't really good. On my last try I went down and hit hard. Really hard. I was sitting on the edge of the pool and I realized something." He paused.

" I never heard the board come down. It came at me fast. I barely had time to turn around before it bit me." He explains.

"It wasn't an accident" my voice strong and unbreakable. "He wanted to turn you." I said firmly.

"Right" Theo agrees, eyes wide.

"So why aren't you apart of his pack? Why didn't he come back for you?" I questioned.

"Because by the time of my first full moon, he was dead." Theo supplied.

Stiles furrows his brows "How do you know that?" He ask.

"I met another one of his pack a couple weeks later. He told me the alpha that bit me were killed by two of his betas. They were twins." He said while nodding his head. He stands up.

"Scott"

"Listen to my pulse. I'm telling the truth." He pleads. Stile scoffs in return.

"Right, or maybe you are steadying your heart rate whiling lying your ass off." Stiles said sarcastically.

Theo pauses, his eyes narrowed and lips twisted like he tasted something bitter.

"Why would I lie?".

"Because maybe you're not who you say you are." Stiles narrows his eyes.

-