chapter III

When I woke up it was nighttime and he was not in the room. I put his shirt on and then I heard the shower turn on. I went in the bathroom thinking it was Sam, but as soon as I stepped in I got this foul odor that I couldn’t understand. Whoever was in the shower opened the door and stepped out.

This man stepped out of Sam’s shower with water dripping off every inch of his perfect body. He had incredible biceps that stood out more with his gorgeous bronze tan.

He kept walking towards me and my body started to tremble. I had no clue why I was so afraid. Then, I knew what it was as soon as he said, “Not only did I get to take away his only family left, but also his lover, his soul mate.” That right there told me I was in danger because I remembered that Sam told me that his father was killed by a wolf and this man just admitted to killing him so he must be a wolf and I was his next target. I started to back up and he knew that I knew what it was. So, he kept walking forwards and then, I hit a wall. I then, remembered that I might possibly be able to outrun him. So, I took off like a bullet and then I was stopped. It was Katlyn and she didn’t seem to look very happy. She started circling me and told me that I didn’t deserve to have somebody like Sam, that I wasn’t worthy of his love. So I said,” And you are”? Katlyn didn’t like that too much and she saw the wolf and pushed me towards him and I fell to the ground. Next thing I know, I hear fighting and things breaking. I see that Sam was fighting the wolf and Katlyn was nowhere in sight so I figured she left. To my surprise I see Katlyn run in with Joseph, Samantha, Paige, and a couple other dudes who was Adam and Ben. I had never really seen them so I don’t know where they came from. Katlyn whispered something to Ben and while Joseph was helping Sam with the wolf, Ben came over and picked me up and took me outside.

I couldn’t figure out what was wrong with me, but it was like I was drugged and I couldn’t move. I didn’t know where he was taking me and I was scared. I tried to scream for Sam, but he covered my mouth and told me I was better off not saying anything. He finally put me down and put a stake through me and I thought I was going to die but all it did was paralyze me. As I was lying there I actually cried which I didn’t think vampires could do. Yes I was hurting but not from the stake. It hurt to know that I gave up my life for others who didn’t want me and now I was going to die. My heart broke knowing that I would never be able to hear Sam’s voice, put my fingers through his messy hair or be in the warmth of his arms ever again. I did know that Sam loved me and wouldn’t let Katlyn get away with this and it gave me a little relief.

I thought I was hallucinating when I heard the slightest voice and it was calling my name. It seemed to get closer and closer but also farther from my mind. It’s voice started to get louder and louder and then I knew it was Sam. I closed my eyes and concentrated on where his voice was coming from and I knew the slightest sound or movement would give him an idea of where I was. With all my strength I had left I whispered,” Sam”?! Then, once more as I started to slip into the unknown I said,” SAM”, with the most faintest voice I had. The footsteps where getting quicker and louder, quicker and louder, as I lay there. I opened my eyes and there was Sam standing right over me.

I found his hands on my face with the most sincere and protective look in his eyes and He told me that this was going to hurt like hell and he quickly pulled the stake out of my chest and ran me back into his house. I didn’t want to go back to his house because I was afraid of who might try to kill me again. He reassured me that he wouldn’t ever let me out of his sight again and that he was so sorry about not getting to me sooner. He laid me on his bed and I pulled him down on to me and told him that I trust him as much as I loved him, but Katlyn and the other 2 guys I didn’t trust. He told me that Katlyn and Ben would not bother me anymore. I told him that I needed to call my parents so they wouldn’t be worried and he said it was already done and that they were fine with me staying with Sam during his family reunion. He said that was where we were going to go in a couple days. We were going to head up to Pennsylvania from Wisconsin. 

We were just lying there and I told him that I felt and did things with or around him that I would’ve never done with anyone else. He asked if it was a bad thing and I said,” No of course not, it’s a good thing but still new to me and I’m not talking about being vampire.” He pulled me over to him and caressed my body onto his. I said that I could be here for eternity and he just smiled and kissed my four head.