Chapter II

Monday at school it seemed that Paige was avoiding me or well not talking to me anyways and I didn’t know if I was more worried or upset. I figured that she would find me when she wanted to talk or hang out. Then, when I went to my chemistry class my lab partner was there and I walked right up to him and sat down. He looked at me, put his hands up and apologized about bailing out at the party. Then, explained that Joseph, Samantha, and Paige needed to talk, but Joseph wanted him there to keep things under control. Samantha apparently didn’t like that Joseph was doing things with Paige even though they aren't together. Paige was more of someone he could form a relationship with. It is just all confusing and retarded. I looked over, gave him a kiss and said that I wasn’t upset just worried. He told me that I didn’t have to worry about him because he would be with me as much as possible until I didn’t want him around anymore. I liked that idea. 

Things were great between Sam and I. Even Paige started hanging around more and it was not the same because she was not the same. I managed to hold a conversation with her. The only thing she seemed to tell me was that being with Sam was not the greatest idea. I couldn’t believe what she was saying; I didn’t believe she would say something to me like that. It was like she had an epiphany or something. Her attitude was different and she wasn’t as interested in me. She was either with Joseph or by her self. Sam kept a lot of that off of my mind especially since we were always together. Everyday for the rest of the two weeks he walked me to class, to my car or gave me a ride home. He even started coming over to my house and my parents liked him so he was over everyday.

 I started to notice that one day Joseph and Samantha would be walking down that hallway and Paige not far behind with a scarce look on her face or it would be the opposite with Samantha not far behind them. I thought it was pretty weird, but never mentioned it to Sam.

Prom was great. I spent the entire day getting ready and making sure I looked absolutely perfect for Sam. He deserved my best and I was going to give it to him. I wore a dress that tied around my neck and as it went down my legs it was short at one side and got longer as it went around my legs. It wasn’t too tight but hugged my body enough to show my figure off. It was a beautiful dark, sparkly blue with black heels that had no backs to it. Hair was curled and reached down past the middle of my back (Sam told me that he thought my hair looked better down). I wore dangly earrings and a matching necklace that insinuated my neckline. A few days before I had also gone and got my nails done with blue tips that were short along with my toenails (I will never do again because I hate strangers touching my feet).

Waiting for Sam seemed to take forever. The dance was not starting until 8 pm. I watched the clock tick by… seconds seemed like hours… 7:30… 7:31… 7:32… 7:40… 7:45… there was a knock on the door. I walked as fast as possible in my heels to the door. It was Sam and as I looked at him in awe I forgot how to breathe. It seemed he felt the same because we just stood there in silence. He then told me that I looked better then he imagined and that I would be the most beautiful girl there at the dance. I wanted to cry, but remembered that I didn’t get waterproof makeup. He was wearing a suit that had a silky dark blue vest underneath the jacket. Underneath the vest looked like a lighter blue button up. It looked amazing on him and I swear he looked better than me. I moved out of the way so he could walk in and as he came in he caressed my face with the back of his hand. He slipped a gorgeous corset onto my wrist. It matched my outfit perfectly. He once again told me I looked beautiful and we walked out the door.

I didn’t win the royalty but I didn’t care because I was there with Sam, who I had grown to love without noticing it. Samantha was crowned queen and some other gorgeous dude was named king. Paige seemed happy because Joseph was her date and they did make a good couple or well from the looks of it anyways. Sam and I danced the night away and then we went for a walk outside which was like the most beautiful night ever. All of the stars were so bright and the moon, too. Sam looked deeply in my eyes and made sure I knew I looked absolutely beautiful, grabbed my hand and asked me if I wanted to be with him forever. I told him yes that I felt he was apart of me and I wouldn’t know what to do without him around. Then, he asked if I would do anything to be with him. I said,” of course.” Sam leaned in and kissed me passionately for what seemed longer than it was and then he started kissing me down my neck and told me that he loved me but if I didn’t want to be with him then he would leave. I made him look at me and told him I loved him that nothing would make me happier just to be in his arms and to know that he would be there when I woke the next day. So, next thing I know he bit my neck and I felt invincible. It didn’t hurt but it kind of turned me on. I don’t know what was going on but I could feel my chromosomes shifting in my body. Everything looked different, smelled different, seemed different. It was like I was a new person. Then, I saw Sam’s face, with blood on his lips and not exactly fangs, but some over long, sharp teeth. They were Kind of like K-9 teeth. It scared me especially when I took my hand and put it where he bit me. I looked at my hand it was blood. It freaked me out until I smelled and it was like the best thing I ever smelled before. The aroma made me thirsty like never before and I just looked at Sam. We then left and went to his place.