Chapter 23: Bittersweet..

Começar do início

"Don't make this harder than it already is." Rebecca spoke softly, trying to keep herself together but failing miserably.

My voice cracked, "B-Becca I can't l-let you d-do this.." I wiped my eyes quickly, they were becoming sore and irritated.

"Y-You have t-to M-Mark!" She raised her voice a little.

She looked up at me, making eye contact.

I gently placed my hand on her cheek, leaning in, she leaned in too.

We kissed. It lasted a few short seconds before we pulled away. I held her hands, not wanting to let her go.

"I love y-you Mark. Goodbye."

"I l-love you t-too."

Those were her last words to me as she let go of my hands and sprinted off.

Rebecca Valenté

My eyes continuously stung as I ran.

"COME GET ME!" I yelled, trying not to show how upset I really felt.

A horde of police officers came running in my direction, nonetheless, I continued running.

As they began to shoot at me, I swiftly dodged the bullets, doing double and at some point triple front flips.

The police still continued to try and catch up with me, but then I realised they had backed me into a dead end. I whipped out my pistol, police aiming at me from all directions.

"DROP YOUR WEAPON!" They yelled.

"Alright alright!" I hid my sadness and prevailed a devious smirk, "There's no need to be salty." I raised my hand gripping the pistol a little, ever so slowly putting it onto the floor. The police officers stared at me in annoyance as I pushed their patience to the max, they were still aiming their guns at me.

Without hesitation, I quickly whipped out the detonator and stood up.

"Suck on this you sons of bitches!" I yelled as I quickly pressed the button to detonate the C4.

~*~

Just as I pressed the button, I heard several gunshots. Shock pulsed through my body, I couldn't feel anything because of the shock I was in. I shakily looked down at my stomach, seeing some of the blood stains on my black shirt, I was riddled with bullets...

The pain began to kick in, and I fell to the floor, my hearing went echoey, my sight going blurry. The cops disappeared and I had no idea where they went, my view was fixed onto the sky and I couldn't move my head.
It began to rain. My body started feeling cold, and I could practically feel the blood oozing out of my wounds. Screaming and the faint sound of crackling fire could be heard in the distance. At least, I did what I was supposed to do... I thought to myself. I hope Mark, Felix and Sean got away, at least then my death wasn't worthless.

As the pain became more and more unbearable, I couldn't stop my eyes from stinging and my tears sliding down my cheeks. I was all alone, there was no one around me and no one seemed to cared that I was lying here, covered in blood. The rain began to pelt down, harder and harder, like tiny needles prickling my body.

So this is how I'm going to die..  A slow and painful death. I thought. I had imagined my death many times before, back when I was depressed after my brother's death, yet I never imagined I'd feel so alone during my last dying breaths. Just like my brother did, left for dead, no one giving a fuck about him. The only difference being that I didn't have any family by my side anymore.

I groaned as the pain became even worse, my face felt heated, just from the hot tears streaking down my face. I knew I was just on the brink of my death, yet it felt like I had been here forever. My breathing was now shallow, and in my very few last breaths, I thought of Mark.

I love you Mark. Stay strong for me.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
ObsessedWithY0uTube

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please follow me and add to your library to find out when I update, a vote is always appreciated :3.
More chapters coming soon!

So stay tuned and...

PEACE OUT X3