Chapter 2

Word quickly spreads around the school about Hayden and I going to prom together. The main talk is how Hayley will react.

"Hayley is going to kill you both when she finds out," my friend Arabella says as she sits next to me. "Well, she knows Hayden and I are friends. Maybe we could say it's just as friends," I say. She laughs. "Yeah, cause she's gonna believe that story."

After lunch, I go to my locker to grab my history books. I feel two arms wrap around me. "It's nice being able to do this," Hayden smiles. "Nice for a change," I agree.

I go off to history as Hayden heads to chemistry.

"Hayley's gonna kill you, Hayley's gonna kill you," Arabella sings in my ear as she sits behind me. I turn around. "She won't kill me if she doesn't find out," I say. "Hayley knows everybody. She's going to find out from someone," Arabella points out. Before I can say anything, Ms. Allen (our history teacher) calls attention to the front of the class.

~~~~

I shut my locker after getting everything out of it only to find Hayden posing behind it. 

"Can you stop?" I joke with him. "Why? Do you find this....distracting?" he smirks, quoting Finnick Odair in Mockingjay. "I'm suprised you're not shirtless offering me sugarcubes with how much you quote Finnick," I say.

As we walk out of the school to my house, hand in hand, we hear a familiar voice.

"What the hell is this?!"

It's Hayley.