He said "I Love You" in Many Ways...

*This is to celebrate... 1K READS GUYS!!!! AHHHH IM STILL SO HAPPY BUT I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS!*

"You don't have to say anything."

You trudged your way  up the sidewalk, barely keeping your eyes open in the process. Not only were you tired beyond fucking belief, you were also stressed out of your mind. It was finals week at your college and it was turning about to be a bitch.

Out of the 8 hour school day you just had, 6 and half hours of that were spent writing and or typing papers. The last hour and a half was spent eating and using the bathroom. At this point, you just wanted to avoid everyone, including your boyfriend Mark.

Before you were on your way home, Mark texted you. "I have a tub of vanilla ice cream and the second season of the Arrow with your name on it, sleepover :p?" His text made your heart melt, but you weren't up for it. You would just be a mood killer anyways so you responded, "Not tonight, stressful day today at school. Rain check for later in the week.." You didn't hear anything from him after that. Then again, if you were rejected like you rejected Mark, you wouldn't say anything else either.

Somehow, you managed to make your way up to the front door. It took a few minutes of struggle, but you eventually managed to open the door. When you opened the door, your jaw dropped at the sight that was in front of you.

Your living room was covered in an eery glow as candles were scattered across the glass coffee table. Two of your white bowls sat side by side with spoons balancing precariously on the rim.

"I hope you don't mind me stopping by unannounced. Then again, you wouldn't have given me a key to your place if you did..." You eyes flickered away from the coffee table to where the voice was coming from.

Mark currently stood in front of you, a boyish smile on his face. As much as you loved the suave, charismatic man he often pretended to be, it was the normal smiles that lit up his face that stole your heart.

"I don't mind that's for sure." Slowly, Mark began strolling towards you. With his arms now crossed over his chest, a smirk slowly took over his face.

"I know you had a stressful day at school, but I wasn't going to let you brush me away because of that. We don't have to have to talk about what happened tonight, but Y/N," He stopped talking as he now stood in front of you. As he glanced into your eyes, you saw nothing but concern. "Just know that I'll be here to listen if you want to talk about it."

You weren't afraid to admit you were speechless. Honestly, you did not expect this. You thought he would just shrug his shoulders, say 'ok', then leave you be.

"I- I don't..."

"You don't have to say anything.." Mark cut you off before placing a kiss on your forehead. "There's nothing I'd rather do."

"Stay there. I'm coming to get you."

What could you say, you were always a magnet for bad luck. Despite being the overly superstitious person that you are, you still managed to attract the worst of the worst. Like right now. You were currently stranded on the side of the road, with a flat tire. Not only that, but it was pouring. On top of being frustrated as all fucking hell, your clothes now clung to your skin.

It happened on the worst of nights too. Tonight was your 2 year anniversary with Mark and he had planned something special for it. On the way to his house is when all of this decided to fucking happen.

You sighed as you rested your head against the seat of your car as you groaned. This was the third time you went out in the rain to try and change your tire, with no success. When you glanced at the clock, it read 6:50 pm. Shit, you were supposed to be there 20 minutes ago.

It took a few minutes, but you managed to find your phone. After wiping your hands down, you called Mark. It surprisingly rang twice before he picked up.

"Was starting to think you stood me up." You knew Mark was trying to make a joke, but based off the tone in his voice, it wasn't a complete joke to him.

"I'm so sorry, I ran into car trouble and-"

"What do you mean car trouble?"

"Car trouble meaning I'm stranded on the side of the road as we speak with a flat tire as Poseidon seems to unleash metric tons of rain upon me!"

"Is this your convoluted way of saying your stuck and you need me to come help you out?" You practically pictured the smile grow on Mark's face on the other end.

"Maybe..." He let out a deep laugh for a few seconds before speaking again.

"Alright just stay there. I'm coming to get you." You hear Mark grabbing his keys off the table as he got up from wherever he was sitting. "Your just lucky I love you."

"I just wanted to hear your voice."

The past 12 hours have been chaotic as hell, which for once you weren't glad for. In those 12 hours, you've taken three flights just to get from California to New York for a business trip. Normally, you love your job more than anything, but this was really making you fucking hate it. 

It was finally after those 12 hours you were able to collapse into your hotel bed with a sigh. You definitely hadn't missed the traveling, that's for sure. For the next few minutes, you let your body relax completely. It's as if you could feel the stress melting away from your body. The memory foam mattress slowly enveloped your body, leaving you completely at ease. 

Your phone started blaring on the bedside table. A loud groan escaped your body as you swung your arm over and grabbed your phone.

"Yeah?" You answered, the irritation clear in your voice. 

"Don't you just sound like a ball of fucking sunshine right now," Mark spoke up sarcastically. You loved your boyfriend, most days. Other days, you wanted nothing more to hit him upside the head. Right now was one of those other days.

"I've been on planes all day long, so I apologise if I seem a little on edge." You snapped slightly at Mark. You flinched after you snapped at him. It wasn't Mark's fault Delta airlines couldn't get their shit together. "I'm sorry, was there a reason you called?"

"Nothing in particular. I just wanted to hear your voice, that's all." There was an almost sheepish quality in Mark's voice on the other end. "If you want me to leave you be.."

"Stay Mark, talking to you calms my nerves."

"Well, I'm glad I could be the one to do that."

We all have to admit, there are many ways to say 'I Love You' to someone, even if it isn't direct. Who knows, there may even be 1,000 ways to say 'I Love You'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This author's note is dedicated to something very special.... FINALLY HITTING 1K READS ON IMAGINE IF!!! IT HAPPENED OVER A WEEK AGO AND IM STILL OVER THE MOON ABOUT IT.

It comes from the bottom of my heart when I say that this story hitting that milestone, really means the world to me. This story was first published almost three months ago. At first, it wasn't all that much but look where we're at now. It's you guys that make this dream of  mine attainable, so I couldn't do this without you. As much as I say this to you guys, all of you mean the absolute world to me and I love each and every one of you!

Let's reach many more milestones together!! :)

~Miranda~