Chapter 16

"This is hopeless!?" Ava said, then threw herself on the bed in frustration.

Lucas had given her and the rest of them a room inside his house, considering he had sent his pack away to help look for the link. He thought it would be somewhere in the neighborhood where Ava was born; Waterfield, which was only a few miles from here. Even though Ava had no memory of that place, the name did ring a bell, maybe that meant something.

She had been sitting on the queen size bed, thinking of what could possibly link her to the entire throne family. She didn't understand why it had to be her and why all of this had to be happening to her. What she had done to deserve all of this? Maybe it was her destiny?Maybe if she hadn't met Matt none of this would have happened. No- that's not true, she couldn't blame Matt for everything, it was Roman's fault. If he wasn't so obsessed with getting her blood, she could have had a normal life, and would not have been introduced to the supernatural world. She had always been interested in this type of stuff but she never knew that it was real. Vampires, werewolves, she thought they were all folklores, so she never imagined that she was one of them.

A knock on her bedroom door interrupted Ava's thoughts. "Ava, can I come in?" Matt's voice sounded on the other side a the cherry wood door.

Ava sighed and sat up, "Yeah come in" she called out.

The door knob twisted, a creaking sound erupting from the door as Matt entered. He sent a small smile her way before closing the door. He stared at her, his hands stuffed in the pockets of his jeans, a graphic tee covering his upper-body. Dark brown eyes looking intently into Ava's.

She cleared her throat and motioned for him to come over. He nervously sat down next to her, his hands never leaving his pockets. The two of them avoided each other's gaze, not really knowing what to say to one another.

'I can't lose you Ava," Matt finally spoke up, glancing over at her. "I promise you that we will find the link, and I will personally kill Roman once all of this is over. I need you, Ava, because-I-I love you."

Matt took a deep breath before continuing, "I have loved you ever since we were little kids, ever since you stood up for me when those kids were picking on me because I was chubby. I love your curly brown hair and how you can never tame it. I love your dark brown eyes and how the sparkle whenever you get excited over something. I love the way your eyes crinkle whenever you smile, or when you snort because you laughed too hard at one of my jokes. I'm in love with you Ava, I love you so much that it hurts. I can't stand you hating me. But I understand why, I left you and I hate myself every day for it. I left because I was scared of what I was becoming, I was afraid of hurting the one person I loved the most, you. I had already killed my parents, and I couldn't let that happened to you. I wouldn't have known what I would do if I had lost you, Ava. I thought I was protecting you by leaving, but I was wrong, I should have stayed with you, maybe if I did none of this would have happened. It's all my fault. I'm so sorry" Matt cried, considering he was incapable of creating tears he just whimpered, holding his head in his hands.

Ava stared at him, her mouth slightly ajar, not exactly sure what to say or do after what he had just told her. She just wrapped her arms around him, squeezing him tight. "Matt. I-I love you too. I'm so sorry. I know you didn't kill you parents, and I understand why you left, you were afraid of hurting me, but you leaving hurt the most. But, I forgive you."

Matt pulled back, placing his hands on either side of her cheeks, caressing them as he stared into her eyes. "Do you really love me?" He whispered.

Ava nodded, she knew all this time that she was in love with him, she knew for a long time, whenever she was with Oscar he was the only person on her mind. "Yes, I love you" she whispered back, even though they were the only two people in the room.

Matt"s eyes traveled down to her plump lips and back up to her eyes, "Can I kiss you?" he hesitantly asked.

"Do you even have to ask?" Ava responded smiling lightly, He grinned and placed his lips on her, sealing their love with a passionate kiss. Adrenaline running through both of their veins as they kissed, feeling something they had never felt before, even when they were in vampire mode. Something they were both longing for even though it was right in front of them, true love.

"You're my mate," Matt said as he pulled back, their arms still wrapped around one another as they catch their breath.

"What?" Ava asked.

"You're my soulmate or mate. We vampires spend our entire lives searching for one person to share our lives with, someone who was made for us. And when we find them well this happens," Matt said referring to the light yellow glow that was shining from his chest. A light formed in Ava's chest as well, a warm feeling taking over their body's.

"Wow, how come this didn't happen when we first met when we were kids?" Ava inquired.

"It only happens when we share our first real kiss after we admit our true feelings. And it's true Ava, I love you" Matt grinned placing another peck on her lips.

Ava smiled "The feeling is mutual Wesly," she said before kissing him once more, the light in their chest growing brighter.

***

Storm smiled to herself, as she backed away from Ava's door. "You know it's not nice to eavesdrop," Lucas stated from behind her, a light smirk on his lips.

"I wasn't eavesdropping. I was just uh, okay whatever but at least they are finally together, I want them to be happy" Storm said as she glanced over at Drew. He was sitting at the kitchen table searching through old books trying to learn more about the link and how they can find the object that links Ava.

"What about you?" Lucas asked. Strom turned away from Drew, a look of despair on her face.

"What about me?" she said, walking past him into his study.

Lucas followed after her, "Don't you deserve to be happy too?" He called after her, shutting the study door behind him.

She turned around, her eyes searching his. She sighed, "No, I don't, not after what I did"

Lucas's face softened, he took a step closer to her. Her moving back in response, 'What did you do?" He asked cautiously.

Storm frowned her eyes falling to the ground, "I'm the one that linked Ava to our family" she said, earning a gasp from Lucas.