Chapter 8

Broken Palette

Ghazal's searching gaze wandered in the lush green garden to find her child. At last she found him seated on a bench talking to someone. He was looking so adorable that Ghazal couldn't stop the smile that made its way to her lips. But at the very next moment, her lips clasped into a thin line seeing the person to whom he was talking to.

Haaris Yousuf.

Didn't know what Adam find in him but every time Ghazal would leave him alone he would be with Haaris at the next second. She made sure to gave a comfortable seat to Mrs. Mehra before sauntering towards her son. Her legs instantly gained pace, she didn't want Adam to get hurt by anyone, let alone Haaris Yousuf. She now clearly knew, how blunt and rude Haaris was and didn't want Adam in such suffocated environment.

Two days had passed since that awful incident but she didn't get any warning or scolding from her senior doctor as she was expecting. Ghazal was wondering why Haaris didn't complained about her behaviour as he wanted to get rid of her as soon as possible. He didn't have any nightmares in those two days that was good as she didn't want to face him.

Haaris eyes clashed with hers for a fraction of second but she lowered her gaze from him.

"Adam, let's go." Ghazal ordered giving her hand to him.

"Ma, shee I made a fish."

"Very nice. Come."

She controlled her voice and spoke with the same politeness as she used with Adam. For the entire time being, she felt Haaris's eyes hovering on her, making her blood boil to the peak.

"Bye, Haarish."

Adam waved his hand towards Haaris who smiled seeing his childish waving.

"Bye, Adam."

It was being said to Adam but Ghazal felt herself caged in Haaris's gaze. His gaze was making her uncomfortable, he didn't have any shame even after that incident and she was shocked at his eyes' dauntlessness.

Taking Adam to her cabin, she told him some stories and soon he went off to sleep. Ghazal too rested her head on the headrest of the couch, her days were becoming hectic day by day giving her less chances to take proper rest.

Her mind was unable to point out the difference between reality and dream but the loud shouts were enough to pull Ghazal in the real world. It was clearly Haaris's shouts and cries. Properly laying Adam on the couch, she left her cubicle towards Haaris's room and found Mr. Yousuf at the door.

"He is having those nightmares again."

She nodded and entered his room to find a pale looking Haaris on the bed. His eyes were closed and his painful shouts had transformed into some unclear whispers.

"Mr. Haaris, open your eyes. It's just a bad dream. "

Ghazal said slightly bending herself near his ear. Haaris was still fidgeting with his dreams but his whispers had stopped. After a moment, she saw fluttering of his eyelashes.

******

The voice of loud crash was forcing him to open his eyes but he was unable to, he wanted to get away with the haunted memories but they had clasped him in their tight claws and Haaris was fidgeting with himself and everything. He shouted as loud as a bang of bell but soon his shouts were transformed into silent plea, whispers which were so low just like a drop of dew in the ocean.

He didn't know to whom he was pleading but Haaris wanted to be saved, he wanted to be rescued by someone.

"Mr. Haaris, open your eyes. It's just a bad dream. "