14.

Morning Carlos! I won't be able 2 hang out with u till tommorow coz of school 😢😢

I quickly sent the text to Carlos and awaited a reply.

Morning babe! Oh yeah, 4got its monday, have fun at school bitch. Xx 😘

I chuckled.

It's Friday.

I grabbed my car keys of the counter and rushed out the door  muttering a quick goodbye to Alya.

"Bye Ayla!"

"Bye."

Atleast she replied.

My black jeans tightened around my legs as I sped my ass into the car.

I started my baby up and off we went. 

Jokes.

First I twisted a knot on top of my hair before realizing my shirt was the wrong way around. I twisted and turned my body until my shirt was finally on the right way round. And then I tied my shoelaces and zipped up my jeans.

Usually I wasn't this uncoordinated but yesterday me and Carlos played a game called 'never have I ever' and we both fell quite tipsy after.

Joking.

We were absolutely shitfaced drunk.

So now, due to Carlos's idiotic plan to get me drinking again (in which he succeeded), I am now suffering from a bitch of a hangover.

Definitely all Carlos's fault.

Duh.

I can do no wrong.

My car screeched to halt. My parking not so straight but that's okay. I blame it on the headache.

I trudged into school through the endless hallways before finding and yanking open my locker, collecting what I needed and heading for my homeroom.

Whispers followed me but today I just couldn't bring myself to smile like I usually did in spite of the things said behind my back. I felt sick and icky and just plain gross.

Kids, this is why you don't do alcohol.

I almost smacked into the wall of my classroom on the way in. Stupid walls. Always just standing there and shit. 

After my near death experience I slumped into a seat at the back end of the room. It wasn't too long before my head was cradled in my arms as my eyes dropped into hazy slits before closing. I welcomed the gift of sleep.....

"Dakota."

fuck off. I wanted to say but instead I groaned and slowly pulled my head out of the crook of my elbow to meet the stare of Ronan freaking Daeshova.

Of all days.....

Messy dark hair, clinging grey shirt and jeans, ebony colored leather jacket, infamous smirk... gosh, I just wanted to punch him for looking so sexy on the day I looked like that hobo you find going through your trash in the middle of the night.

I propped my head on my open palm.

"What do you want?" I ask tiredly.

Something flashed in his eyes. Something that looked a lot like.... Concern?

"You look like shit."

Nope, not concern.

"Well, I must be the best piece of shit you've ever seen."

He didn't react to my pathetic retort. Just stared. 

"Can I do something for you Sir Starealot?"

"I wasn't staring."

I snorted.

"Sure buddy and I'm not dying from the worst hangover in history!"

Surprise painted over his face and even though it was gone in a flash. I still managed catch a glimpse of it.

"You drink?"

I laugh nervously, trying to cover up my slip up.

"Did I say hangover? I meant....um.....shit."

Amusement flickered across his handsome face.

"You don't seem like the drinking type."

"A beer a day keeps the doctor away."

Ronan or 'Dae Dae' as I like to call him just frowned. Giving me that look parents give their children after they steal a cookie from the cookie jar.

"That's not how it goes..."

I put a finger to my lips noticing how Ronan's gaze fixated on my lips intently.

"Shhhhhhh! Can you hear that?"

"What? What do you hear?"

"Silence. Now if you'd like, I would appreciate it if you kept it that way."

I then turned away from him, ignoring his glare and fell back into a dreamless void. The last thing I heard was the caress of Ronan's words against my back. 

"Sweet dreams."