13.

"CAAAAAAARRRRRLOOOOOS!"

I whined propping my hands on my elbows.

3,

2,

1,

"Babes! You okay!"

Just on time.

I grinned innocently as Carlos ran into his living room. His face almost having a meet and greet with the floor as he skidded to a halt.

"Who do I have to kill?!"

"Noone. Can you get me some popcorn?"

His hazel eyes narrowed at me.

"There's a tree out there, tirelessly producing oxygen for you. I think you owe it an apology."

I just blew him a kiss before he trudged back into the kitchen, groaning about my 'never ending appetite'.

I'm so evil…

And a freak.

I frowned at myself. I couldn't even go two seconds without insulting myself? Really Dakota?

Now I'm talking to myself in third person…

Cot Tammit Dakota!

Before my thoughts could drag me back into a very, very dark place I relaxed into Carlos's soft sofa and turnep up the volume on the television.

After I reunited with my bestfriend at the local dance studio he took me to his apartment that he had recently bought and now we're just chilling.

"Here's your popcorn you royal pain in the ass."

I chuckled at Carlos. Patting the space next to me so he could sit.

"You mad booooyyy?"

"Whatever." He huffed in annoyance.

"You big mad or small mad?" I continued to tease him in a baby voice until I realized his unresponsive state.

"Carlos, I'm sorry."

He didn't reply.

"Carlos, I didn't mean to make you worried."

Still nothing.

"Sheesh, it was just a bowl of popcorn."

Crickets.

"I love you Car Car." I pleaded in my most earnest voice giving him the puppy eyes.

I watched him crack slowly, his hazel eyes softening.

"Dakota! You promised me you wouldn't do that thing with your eyes! It's so adorable I feel guilty for just looking at it!"

I pouted.

"What?"

"Do you forgive me?"

He chuckles at my plea.

"Of course I do, you left me no choice with those eyes!"

Hehehehe…

"Do you still love me?"

I already knew the answer to this but I liked egging him on.

"Always Koties."

I frowned at the nickname but before I could comment he had already beaten me to it.

"Now shut up and let me watch batman! Gosh, Christian Bale can do no wrong."

"I would hit you for cutting me off but unfortunately I agree. That man really can't do no wrong."

"Watch it. He's mine."

Carlos really likes Christian. Or anyone with abbs really.

"We talked about this Carlos…"

"And? Contrary to what you believe. Christian will be mine. You just wait."

Dreams really are for fools.