6.

I pulled on dark denim jeans and a maroon crop top.

It showed a little of my peirced belly but I didnt mind.

After tying the laces to my low cut, white converses I was ready to go.

"Bye Ayla!"

"Bye." She did not look at me as she said this.

She didn't like looking into my eyes. She once stated that they are a "freak of nature".

I had left my hair out, the inky waves reaching the middle of my back. I hopped into my car. Happy that it was back from the repair shop. I didn't like catching buses.

My car was normal looking. I don't want to stand out more than I already do.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When I got to school whispers followed me.

They always did.

But as time goes by you grow to ignore it. To just keep smiling.

I opened my locker and pulled my things out.

"Dakota."

I spun to the right.

I watched Ronan scan my body quickly. Stopping for a second at my toned stomach and peirced belly button.

Honestly, I liked his stare and that scared me.

"Dae Dae." I grinned. "Did you come to say hi?"

He glared at me.

"No, I came so you can tell me your story."

"Huh?"

He rolled his eyes.

"Remeber, on the bus. You never answered my question. You just said that it's a story for another time. That time is now. So tell me, Dakota, why are your eyes a different color?"

Was this town so close minded that the thought of heterochromia was a unknown thing around here?

I don't think I've heard him speak so much in one sitting before. Even if his tone was still cold and emotionless

My grin only stretched.

"Because, Ronan..."

He shivered.

"...I'm a freaking unicorn."

Close enough.