Chapter 18: Thank you somebody

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

~Peace P/O/V~

The ride isn't very smooth, my head hits the top of the trunk everytime they go over a pothole. Bump we go as my head hits something hard. I feel around my surroundings looking for a way to escape. I move my hands down the mesh carpeting. I touch a solid object. A cold steel box. I move to a position that will allow me to open the box. I fumble with it for a few seconds before I hear a click. I throw the lid open and find a flashlight. When I turn it on I make sure to position it to were I can see the contents in the box. 

Contents: Hair spray, spicy scented body spray, a bible, To kill a mockingbird, Romeo and Juliet, M.A.C lipstick and foundation, L'Oreal Paris mascara, A 100 dollar bill, Rattle snake venom nail polish

All of a sudden the car stops moving. I probably only have a few seconds left to select my weapons. I grab the three books, the flashlight, the body spray and the rattle snake venom nail polish. I statch the hundred dollar bill in my pocket just in case. It's now or never.

I quickly apply the nail polish on my nails making sure not  to make contact with my skin as I hear footsteps approaching. The roof of the trunk goes up and I attack. I aim a book at Kendell's head first then Bryon's. I jump out of the trunk while they are distracted. 

Bryon tries to reach for me, but I spray him in the eye with the spicy body spray. He screams out in pain. Kendell jumps at me, but misses badly. He stumbles and manages to grab my arm. I claw at his face like a cat with my free arm. His reaction is the same as Bryon's. There is rattle snake venom nail polish all over his face. I make a run for it and look for the nearest neighbor..

When I reach a house I ring the door bell.

" Yes young lady, how may I help you?" asks the elderly woman who comes to the door.

" May I please use your phone?"

" Sure." she says gesturing for me to follow her. " Here you go" she says walking away

I can't call my mom or Eurydice because they'd ask too many questions. I can't call Jeremy, he's probably still pissed off at me. My only option is to call Ares. I quickly dial his number.

"Hello" he answers sounding drowsy

"Umm, Ares this is Peace. Can you please come pick me up?"

"Sure babe where are you?"

"I'm in Jamie's neighborhood, at a random woman's house. I don't know the address"

I hear him sigh "Alright just make sure you're where I can see you" he says before hanging up

"Would you like a cookie?" asks a voice behind me. I turn around startled, but it's just the elderly woman.

"Yes ma'am I would."

She passes me a tray of cookies and I grab one. I cautiously take a bite into it as she watches me carefully. DAMN! these cookies are good I think, before grabbing another one.

" I see you like them." She says

" mmhhmmm I sur do ike hem." I say with a mouthful of cookies. She smiles at this.

"Would you like a bag to go?"

" No ma'am" I say " I'm quiet full, but thanks anyways."

" You're welcome darling." She says before disappearing into the kitchen. I hear a loud engine pull into the street. I peek into the kitchen and tell the woman goodnight before I leave.

I walk out the door, down the stairs and through the grass to where the hummer sits, awaiting my arrival. I notice that the blue mustang is gone and so are Kendall and Bryon.

The drive to my house is long and silent. Once we reach my house I jump out of the car. Ares does the same and follows me to my porch.

"So.." He says

"So..." I say mockingly, turning to my front door.

"Peace don't be like that."

"Like what?" I ask in a fake sweet voice.

He sighs "Peace." 

"What?"

He spins me around abruply and tries to kiss me, but I move back.

"Ares I think you should probably return to your girlfriend"

"My girlfriend is standing right here in front of me." he says

"No..."

" What are you talking about?" he asks

"Ares it's over. What we had is gone. It was sweet while it lasted, but I'm done. I can't take the pain. I can't share you with another girl." I say holding back the tears that were threatening to fall.

"Share?" he asks bewildered "I'm not some kind of toy you have to understand that. I'm a human, I have feelings and my feelings for you are real. I care for you, Paris is just a friend of my sisters. My sister told me that she had a crush on me and tried to set us up on a date. That's what the thing at the mall was, a date. I told Paris that I wasn't into her and she just kissed me out of the blue. If I didn't care about you I wouldn't be telling you this. Me and Paris didn't do anything else beyond kissing, I swear."

"I just need to take a break. I've been through a lot today and I just can't handle this right now. Goodnight Ares." I say pulling out my keys and unlocking the door

"Ok I'll leave, but I won't stop thinking about you."

I turn around and face him as a tear rolls down my face. He cups my chin and kisses me. This kiss isn't short and sweet. It's long and aggressive. My back pushes up against the door, my heartbeat speeds up. Our breathing gets choppy. I see the sadness in his eyes when we finally break apart.

"I have to go." I say before closing the door.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨