Chapter 5

Ces: Enjoy Reading!

*=*

Chapter 5 "The Start"

Third Person's POV

Next Day (Early Morning)

Piedmont, California

Mabel Pines smiled softly as she watched her only twin brother bond with his niece. It feels so depressing yet proud to see him leave for their sake.

Dipper made a funny face to see the little Katia's face enlightened.

She giggled and cupped his cheeks on her small hands, "stop it, Dippy!" She exclaimed, laughing soon.

He pouted. "You won't forget about me, right?"

She furrowed her eyebrows and pouted the same way he did. "Why will I forget about you? You'll only be gone for a day, right?" She questioned.

Dipper couldn't mask the pain and longing in his face. He narrowed his eyes to his sister, she only put a sad smile. Even for a mother, she couldn't tell her daughter the sad news.

He looked back to the little girl's face and smiled as he can, "Katia, please listen to me carefully, okay?"

Katia nodded slowly.

He breathed in then out, preparing himself. "I'm not going to stay here for awhile." He admitted.

Katia didn't even need to let that words sink into her. Because that was the same thing her father said to her when he left two years ago. She felt heartbroken by the words, like deja vu all over again.

It wasn't soon when she started to tear up. Her lips trembling and her breathing became short and harsh. Everything was a blur so fast by the tears.

"Dippy.. is leaving?" Her voice was cracked. It was painful for Dipper.

He felt like he already shattered a child's dream.

He hugged her tight but gentle. He couldn't put the words 'goodbye to her. Yet he whispered the sweet little words on her ear.

"I love you, Kat."

Katia cried and wailed like everything just went dark, she's terrified at the dark.

Mabel clicked her tongue and pulled her daughter away from him. He seems hesitant too. And it breaks Mabel's heart to see the both of them have such bitter yet sweet parting.

Mabel coo'ed on Katia's ear as the child encricled her arms around her mother's neck. She swallowed and hesitantly met Dipper's eyes, sadden.

"You should leave now, Dipper." She said, trying not to cry. She hates this kind of situation.

Dipper knew what she is trying to do and he respects that. He approached her and pecked her forehead. Why won't the words come out? He thought, pained.

Mabel will definitely missed that.

He pulled away and stepped down from the porch of his house, he smiled sadly, waving his hand.

"See 'ya later, Mabes, Kat."

He turned his back at them and went to the near bus station. His head lowered so the tears won't be seen as it slides from his eyes.

*=*

10:14 am

Santa Monica, California

Dipper was slightly shaken that Melinda is the one meeting him rather than him going to the said destination. But he was thankful though, he gets lost easily. She was with the other two he never properly met actually.