Chapter 8

Author’s Note: I would just like to thank Parogar, who is the main reason why I am continuing to post this story. He encouraged me to stick it out when there was hardly anyone reading my story. So I would just like to say thanks bud for believing in me and making my story feel like its worth something! You’re truly a great writer and an even greater friend! xD

Chapter Eight

“How am I going to be sexy and alluring?”  I whisper to myself, in panic.

I have never even kissed a guy before let alone seduce a God or archangel or whatever he calls himself. And though he is dark and cruel, I can’t deny how striking he looks especially when he looks into my eyes as if I am the love of his life. I almost get goosebumps just thinking about those eyes. Abruptly, I slap the thoughts away. I have to remember he is my kidnapper and there is absolutely no attractiveness in that. I must trick him into thinking that I want him and when he least expects it, run away. It’s the only way.

I scuff around the room-sized closet, throwing gowns every which way. It has taken me forever to pick out a gown to wear for the banquet. He is throwing it as a celebration dinner for our wedding. Everything is either too tight, too short, or too revealing. If I am going to be his queen, the first thing that would go is this despicable wardrobe.

Eventually, I find a white silk gown with red rubies around the waist and neckline. Although it fits very tight around the waistline and seems to show off every sweep of my body, its actually the best dress out of all of them. It manages to touch the ground and falls down perfectly in one straight line.

As I do the finishing touches on my hair which is swept back into a bun with one curl falling neatly down the side of my neck, a knock sounds on the bedroom door. Putting down my brush, I rush to the door and open it to see Phelony standing there with a huge smile on her face. Well really smiles all the time. In fact I have never seen her without one plastered on her face.

“You look ravishing madam,” she says to me and I notice she is holding a small black box in her right hand.

I say with a sigh, “Please just call me Kore. Madam just sounds way too formal.”

 “Kore.” She says with a nod. I smile back for the first time. I have grown quite fond of Phelony and I find she is the only thing keeping me from losing my sanity.

She suddenly holds out the box to give to me. I look down at it for a moment before taking it in my hands, curious to find out what it could be.

“What’s this?” I ask her.

“It’s something I found near the river today,” she explains. “I believe it belongs to you.”

I don’t waste another second. I open the box to see my necklace with the compass that Mrs. Rogers’s gave me. I put my hand to my neck shocked that it hadn’t been around my neck all this time. How could I have not noticed it was gone?

“Thank you so much,” I say to her, giving her a great big hug.

If I had lost the necklace and never saw it again, I don’t know what I would have done. It was the only thing left that linked me to Mrs. Rogers who I missed terribly.

“Well you’re quite welcome,” she says obviously taken aback by my embrace. “Do you want me to put it on you?”

I nod. “Yes please.”

Phelony takes the necklace from the box and graciously puts it around my neck. When I turn around she smiles but it falls a bit when she looks down at my gown.