Chapter 6

Author's Note: Just want to say thanks again to everyone who are reading my story and truly liking it. You have no idea how much it means to me! I would also like to dedicate this chapter to one of the few writers on here who I know will be a famous writer one day and who has supported my story from day one! Tori_Lynn this one is for you! Go check out her story Mushroom Blood---one of the best non-cliche vampire stories I've seen on here! xD

Chapter Six

I don't know what is more of a shock---the fact that the sun is shining as I awake or the fact that I am waking up in my room. I expect to see the dreary satin sheets I laid in last night but instead I am underneath my pink and white comforter set that has pink rose petals on them and I look towards the window, not just any window, but my window!

Sitting up, I see that everything is as I left it. My computer sits on my desk, the screen still on Google Chrome and my IPod is on the nightstand. It must have all been a dream or rather I should say nightmare.

I slowly get up and walk over to my IPod. I notice that it is still on the song I had been playing this morning---Gravity by Sara Bareilles. I smile because it is one of my favorite songs of all time so I hit replay and it plays soothingly through my stereo. It's something about it that just makes my skin tingle and my heart flutter.

With a yawn, I make my way to my mirror and observe myself thoroughly. I expect to see something different but all I see is my same old baby face and five foot four height. I sigh in relief and turn away from it.

"Set me free, leave me be. I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity," I sing along to the music and walk over to my bed.

 I make the bed over as I sing the song and once I finish, I decide I will go downstairs and tell my mother of my wild dreams and we can have one big laugh. I head towards my bedroom door and start to open the door when it bursts open all of a sudden.

Hades stands at the door and everything seems to stop. I gasp, feeling like Carrie when the pig's blood spilled all over her as my eyes pop out of their sockets. My mind seems to spin around in horror as realization kicks in. It was all just an illusion.

When I finally get a hold of my surroundings and he enters the room, my anger returns and my blood rises.

"Why would you do that to me?" I scream at him. I lunge for his throat but he grabs me by both of my wrists.

His eyes look down at me with coldness and severity. But his mouth curves into a smile.

"I thought it would make you feel more at home if you awoke to---well home," he says with a shrug and lets my wrists go.

I grab a hold of my wrists, which are burning with pain and sit down on the bed. My wrists are red a bit but probably not as much as my face right now.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to grab you so hard. Did I hurt you?" He asks, his tone so soft and gentle now that it almost shocks me. He moves closer to me but I back as far away as I can from him. All I want to do is throw something hard in his face. 

When I finally look up at him, I give him the most hostile glare imaginable. I am not usually an angry person in fact there has only been two times in my life that I have ever been this angry---when my mother moved me to the farm and when she told me the truth about us.

But how can I not be furious with him when not only is he keeping me captive but he is torturing me now mentally and physically. 

 "This will never be my home," I finally manage to yell out.

"Kore it will be easier for both of us if you stop fighting the fates," he states. "In time this place will grow on you, I promise."

Ignoring his statement, I look away and think of my mother. I lay back on the bed and pretend he isn't here for a while. I feel him staring me down but I don't care. If I speak right now I will just explode. My mother is probably worried sick about me. I wonder how long I have even been down here. It feels like forever has gone by.