Chapter 17 - The Last One

3rd Person POV
"Oh, my God. Um...Richard!" Professor Williams called as he hurried to the door frame. Joshua froze. This isn't real. He thought. Principal Richard rushed to the desk as the girls at the table scoffed. "Call the ambulance, Dalton!" He shouted to the professor. He called and told them the situation. Everyone was panicked. The ambulance arrived and a team of people rushed in with a hospital bed. A lady gripped Maya's shoulders and another her knees and they lifted her to the bed. Josh sat there, confused and in denial. The room cleared and the class sat there. The professor sighed and sat down. "Hopefully everything will be okay." He cleared his throat. "Um...so your essay." The professor continued. Josh stood up and started to leave. "Mr. Matthews, please sit down."
"I...I need to call her family." He said emphatically. "Um...the hospital will take care of it." The professor explained. Josh just shook his head and rushed out. Riley was already in the hall, standing... frozen. He rushed to her and grabbed her hand. They left, both insanely worried. He drove to the hospital, no regard to the speed limit. They got out and quickly walked in. "Hi, sir. Can I help you?" A woman at the desk asked. "Mata hart." She looked at him, confused and Riley sniffled. "Where is Maya Hart." He said it like a statement rather than a question. She looked at a paper for a moment. "The doctors are still looking at her. You may see her in an hour." Josh took a deep breath. Arguing with her wouldn't do much. "What's happening?" Riley looked scared. He sat down with her. "I'm not sure, Riley. We'll see." He wiped her tear.
1 hour later
Lucas, Farkle, Zay, and the Matthews had arrived now. The lady walked into the waiting room. She gestured Cory over. "Is she okay?" He asked quickly. "Well, yes. She just has an extreme form of anxiety. The doctor has some suggestions for relieving her stress. However, she can go home today." She smiled a little. He sighed in relief and walked in. Maya was sitting upright in the bed. "Maya?" She looked confused. "Mr. Matthews. What happened?" She said with panic. "It's okay, Maya. You just got a little overwhelmed. You fainted. But, you'll be just fine and you can go home. Everyone's waiting outside." She looked around. "I'm sorry." She said. "You don't need to apologize." He smiled and helped her out. They walked into the waiting room. Josh was talking to Auggie in the other room. "Maya!" Riley shouted and they hugged. Everyone smiled and went outside to the car. "Riley. Am I okay?" She smiled. "I think." She said and gave a sympathetic laugh. Auggie ran out and Riley picked him up. They left. Joshua turned the corner and saw Maya. He ran to her and hugged her. "Maya. Oh, my God. Are you okay?" He didn't let go. "I think so." She smiled. He pulled back and moved her hair out of her face. He held her hand. "Let's go home."

A/N: Hey, guys! This is the last chapter. Can you believe it? I can't thank you enough for all the support on this book! We reached my goal of 5k reads! If you enjoy my writing, it would mean the world to me if you checked out my Riarkle book! It will be pretty long and I'll try to update everyday! ❤️❤️❤️
Erin...