Chapter 5 - Blurt

Maya and Josh, still quiet, walked through the halls towards the Matthew's door. Maya put her arm in front of Josh blocking him from touching the door. "What?" He asked. "We shouldn't go in together. We'll tell them before the end of the night but not now. I'll go in and text you when you can come in." She explained. "That's ridiculous." He said, smirking. "Plans are nothing. Planning is everything." She said, about to knock on the door. "What?" He questioned. "Eisenhower, duh." She replied. He laughed. "Stay here." She whispered as she knocked. Josh slipped around the corner. "Maya! Come in." Riley said, giving her a warm hug. "Maaayaa's hereee!" Riley shouted in a sing-song voice. "Hi, Maya." Topanga welcomed. "Bay window. Bay window, right now." Maya smiled. Riley locked arms with Maya as they marched into Riley's room. They plopped down. "Whattupp?" Riley said. Maya laughed. "You know 'whattupp.'"
"I do. My 'cute' uncle is uppppp." She said, poking and teasing Maya. "How'd it go?" Riley said, eagerly. "Welp. Itttt...went." Maya said. Riley smirked. "Maya. I know that look. It did not went. It went. What'd he say?" Riley sat closer, smiling. "He...said he's ready." Maya said, looking down and immediately pressing her lips closed. "Oh." Riley said, shocked.
"I get it if it's weird. I mean, I'm not even used to it yet. I'm sorry. I am. It's just, he makes me happ-" Maya stopped. Riley had a smile on her face. "You're gonna be my au-unt. Lalalalalal." Riley started to sing, flailing around the room. Maya hid her face in her hands and laughed as Riley danced around her. "My brother!" Cory's voice rang in the distance. Riley grinned at Maya. "Rileyyy." Maya warned. Riley grabbed Maya, dragging her to the family room. "Look who dropped by girls!" Cory announced. Auggie jumped into Josh's arms. "Uncle Joshhh!" He squealed. "Hey-ey little buddy!" He said, smiling at the boy. Josh smirked at the girls. "Uncle Josh!" Riley shouted hugging him. Riley stared at Maya as she hugged him. "No." Maya mouthed with a seriously look in her eye. Riley grinned bigger. "Josh! Maya came tonight, too. Look at that." Riley said. "Hi, Josh." She fake-laughed. He hugged her. "So, what are you doing here, Josh? You finally get outta that busy college schedule?" Topanga said, smiling. "Yeah, yeah. I did." He said, sitting on the sofa. Maya sat in a chair. "Umm. Riley can I speak to you? Topanga, will you come as well?" Cory asked, leading them to Riley's room. "Riley, what's going on?" Cory asked. "What do you mean, dad?" She asked, kind of knowing what he meant. "Maya. She's not jumping on my little brother out there." He gestured towards the door. "Dad. She's 18. We grew up." Riley replied. "Yeah but, she's barely talking to him. Like, she is annoyed by him or something." Cory said. "Your point, honey?" Topanga rushed him. "I don't know, it's weird." Cory said. He looked at Riley. She was scrunching up her face and clenching her fists. He smiled. "Rileyyy. You're hiding something!" He said, stepping towards her. She shook her head, quickly. Topanga laughed. He sat down and started humming. For some reason, humming makes Riley anxious. Topanga kept laughing. "Cory, stop!" Topanga said. He kept on. "Josh and Maya are dating!" Riley blurted out, covering her mouth quickly. Cory's jaw dropped. "Wh...attt?" Cory exclaimed. Topanga put her hand on his shoulder. "Cory. Don't freak out. I mean...they're 3 years apart. Plus, Maya's kind of an adult now." She said. Cory sighed. "Guys. Please don't say anything. I think Maya and Josh were gonna tell you in a couple of hours. Why don't we just have dinner now?" Riley pleaded. "Fineee." Cory agreed.
[Meanwhile]
"Josh! What the hell? Do you not understand I'm gonna text you?" Maya hit him with the pillow. "Hey, hey. Calm down." He laughed. She sighed. Cory, Topanga, and Riley walked in. "And that, Riley, is the project that we need you to help Auggie with." Topanga said. "Who's ready for dinner?" Topanga announced.