Prologue

"Rachel, where are you going?" Stacy shouts from across the school yard.

"I have to ask Mr. Reese about the upcoming essay. I'll text you later!" I run back into the school against the current of students filing out, wanting to go home after a long week of learning. Following my way through the halls, I pass a senior being escorted out by police. I recognize this person to be Harry Styles, the odd ball photographer and outcast. Rumor has it, he sneaks in to the girls' locker room and takes pictures of them while getting dressed.

My eyes linger on the broken camera in his hand and the furrow of his brow. When his attention is on me a sly smirk casts on his face. Although his creepiness and stalkerish moves set me off, I can't help but to feel butterflies in my stomach when he looks at me. He is a pretty cute weirdo.

The policeman didn't take another look at me but kept a firm and disgusted frown on his face. I wonder what trouble he's gotten into to now.

I shake the wonder off and head to Mr. Reese's room with ease. He wasn't really my favorite teacher; giving my mother weird glances at conferences but it was important to talk to him about this assignment. As I etched closer to his door, I hear clashing and things falling. Curiosity told me to not make myself known and peek through the glass window.

What I saw horrified me and made me want to vomit, cry, and punch someone at the same time, preferably my mother. There I saw the two making out aggressively on his desk, everything once in it's own spot thrown on the ground. I decide to barge in and stop this madness before it gets any more heated.

"You disgusting, conniving, whore!" I shout in anger. They both looked in my direction with fear in their eyes.

"You should both be ashamed of yourselves, ruining a 16 year old marriage!
Dad, nor I, will forgive you for this." I rush out of the room with tears in my eyes and head straight for the exit. Once I was out of the school, I let go of a breath I never even knew I was holding and start to uncontrollably sob.

Why would mom do this to dad and I? I looked up to her ever since I was little and now she's just a low life mother with no respect from her daughter. Infidelity is not tolerated in my book and anyone who acts upon it should be punished.

I wiped the tears and mascara from under my eyes and headed straight for my car. Someone needs to tell Dad about this and I know she sure as hell isn't.

Once I approach my house, I find my father carrying suit cases to his truck. Does he already know about what's happened? I cut the engine off and grab my bag from the back seat, locking the car and following him to his truck.

"Dad, what are you doing?" He looks back and that's when I notice his tear stained cheeks and swollen red eyes.

"You and I are moving to Woodbury. Your mother has been cheating on me with that despicable Reese guy for over a year!" He shakes his head and uneasily laughs.

"I know, I caught them in the act just twenty minutes ago." I sigh. He scoffs and shakes his head again in disgust.

"I've already packed your things and notified your mother with divorce papers on the dining table. I never want to see that tramp again." He forcefully throws a suitcase in the bed and heads for the driver's seat.

"Gather some things from your room and come back out here in ten minutes, we will be leaving immediately."

***

It's strange seeing this room so empty, the room I spent all of my life in. Doing homework, having sleep overs, watching tv. All these are distant memories and will be done in another house. I pick up miscellaneous objects in my room my father forgot like old knick knacks, my favorite teddy named Mr. Fluffins, a framed photo of my family together. It was when we went on vacation to Disney, me, my mom, and my dad huddled together with Mickey and Minnie having a grand old time.

I threw the frame on the floor and let the glass shatter in pieces. I picked up the photo and happily split the half with my mother, throwing it to the ground and leaving it there. Now it's just me and Dad.I shuffled out of the house with the rest of my belongings and hopped in my car.

As we head down the highway, I begin to think of what my new life will be without a mother. It will be awkward going to my dad for relationship or friend advice because he doesn't get that stuff. Also, what is our new house like? I'll definitely be transferring since Woodbury is a two hour drive from our former home but at least I'll make new friends. Maybe this is what's best for our family and myself.

They are destined to meet again.

A/N
Btw Rachel's probably around 16 and a sophomore (2nd year of high school). So her parents got married a little before she was born. Harry's 18 since he's a senior